Notices

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Hamburg/Germany
I've been waiting for this so long. Now i have one of the best xbmcremote

Looks better than the offical app for android und works well. Very good work! Big thx for that.

BUT (there is allways a "BUT"):
WIll authentication will come to it and maybe is it possible to search Library?

Pictures? What about picture libary? It would be awesome to have the tumbnails of my pictures on the device so i can choose what pictures i will show to my parents (without the nudepics from my wife )

And the last feature i would like to see is the ability to add hole directorys to playlist.

I have now donate 5€ to you. When the features i requested are implemented i would like to donate another 5€

Last edited by ThreeM; 2011-09-14 at 20:57.

The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ThePooBurner View Post
What is the likelyhood of getting something like this for MediaPortal, the xbmc derivative?
No idea, sorry. I don't think I will write one without using MediaPortal myself. If MediaPortal is just a modded version of Xbmc then it might get its remote control interface one day.

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Big thanks for your work. Sadly I have to wait for the official xbmc release to test this (girlfriend uses xbmc all the time and will be quite angry with any downtime). As soon as this will work with official release I will be using this!
Yeah... thats why I run a parallel MythTV stable installation witch IMO has a better GAF than Xbmc.

Anyways, the git master works quite well if you don't need a lot of addons. And I think you can install them in parallel. (YMMV - don't hit me if something breaks)

Originally Posted by ThreeM View Post
I've been waiting for this so long. Now i have one of the best xbmcremote

Looks better than the offical app for android und works well. Very good work! Big thx for that.
Thanks

BUT (there is allways a "BUT"):
WIll authentication will come to it and maybe is it possible to search Library?
Autoconnection is on my todo list. Searching the library might get a bit more difficult as the xbmc api does not allow it. I would need to download the whole library and search it myself (which could produce a lot of traffic). For now you can hit keys on your keyboard to jump to the given letter.

EDIT: Sorry, I misread.... Authentication, yes. AFAIK the Xbmc devs even plan a more fine-tuned access control system. I will wait for them to finish that before I put some work into it.

Pictures? What about picture libary? It would be awesome to have the tumbnails of my pictures on the device so i can choose what pictures i will show to my parents (without the nudepics from my wife )
Yeah, on the todo list too, though it has not a high priority for me because I barely use the picture gallery.

And the last feature i would like to see is the ability to add hole directorys to playlist.
Try a longtap on a directory

I have now donate 5€ to you. When the features i requested are implemented i would like to donate another 5€
And thanks again for that

Enjoy Xbmcremote!

Last edited by mzanetti; 2011-09-14 at 22:41.

On a single Track longpress works but not on a Directory.Maybe a bug? Im in the Libary select one album with longpress but no popup shown with "add to playlist" In Filemode, the same seems to not working.

Another issue: In Portrait Mode the Volume Bar is not working properly. The Bar is to big, dont fit in screen so you cannot move the Slider to Max.

Wha about Sorting entrys in Library Mode? Seems xbmcremote get the List unsorted. Can i handle it any way to get list alphabetical sorted?

Is there any Bugtracker for it? I think can contribute

Last edited by ThreeM; 2011-09-15 at 07:45.

On a single Track longpress works but not on a Directory.Maybe a bug? Im in the Libary select one album with longpress but no popup shown with "add to playlist" In Filemode, the same seems to not working.
True. Thats because the API to Xbmc does not support adding directories yet. Once the API will support that I will enable the popup for Files -> Directories.

Another issue: In Portrait Mode the Volume Bar is not working properly. The Bar is to big, dont fit in screen so you cannot move the Slider to Max.
Thanks, I'll fix that. If reporting UI bugs, please always add the theme variant you are using (N900 is very different than N9/N950). In this case its obious as the Harmattan theme does not have a volume slider yet but just as hint for future bug reports.

Wha about Sorting entrys in Library Mode? Seems xbmcremote get the List unsorted. Can i handle it any way to get list alphabetical sorted?
Actually it should be sorted... If its not, its a bug. I'll check that.

Is there any Bugtracker for it? I think can contribute
Not yet. Currently you are asked to report bugs via mail or in the forum. Actually contributing a website and bugtracker would be a good start

Thanks

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Croatia
how to setup this?

i enter my IP while desktiom xbmc is runnin or what?

Last edited by Waynder; 2011-09-15 at 12:32.

1. Setup an XBMC installation from Git (latest Version are necessary).

2. Go System -> Settings -> Network. Under services activate :

"Allow control of XBMC via HTTP" and setup a port (default is 8080)

Leave username and password blank!

3. Activate "Allow programms on other systems to control XBMC"

4. Run xbmcremote on your N900 and setup the IP Address and Port

Done!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThreeM For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
Actually it should be sorted... If its not, its a bug. I'll check that.
It seems its only the Artist and Songs tab . Album is sorted well.

Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
it says connection failed-host not found.. what to do?