Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
That’s not a valid reason. I know that sailfish is nowhere close to be used as a daily driver.
Yours is not valid either.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by pexi View Post
Yours is not valid either.
Yes it is. Becouse I have to put in work to get it up and running. Pay for it plus it won’t help refund program. Community port on the other hand could be valid

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
One strange thing: I don't see any Android applications in Jolla store anymore (except Aptoide store). Is this a change in new SailfishOS version (because in Jolla C I see them), or is there something funny with my device?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
One strange thing: I don't see any Android applications in Jolla store anymore (except Aptoide store). Is this a change in new SailfishOS version (because in Jolla C I see them), or is there something funny with my device?
You are right, there seems to be a change in this. I don't see any Android apps as well on my Xperia X.
I was wondering that F-Droid did not showed up when comparing the installed Apps on my two devices (Xperia and Aquafish / Jolla C) yesterday, but did not gave to much thoughts to that.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jenix For This Useful Post:
I thought this was strange too. I only played with the Nexus 5 port previously, but was lead to believe the Android version of HERE was available in the Jolla store for supported devices. In fact I had to manually download the F-Droid APK, to install Yalp, to install the free HERE app for GPS.

Last edited by trashHeap; 2017-10-12 at 14:24.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trashHeap For This Useful Post:
I have noticed something odd which I see no reports on yet (but at work, so not much time for playing around) -- the features for eas, alien, xt9 are installed, but does not bring in the functionality. I assume it is something account related. Everything else seems very dandy though except for a minor regression for ambiences. In community version ambience (64-bit) crashes were fixed last Friday.

Last edited by ljo; 2017-10-12 at 14:31. Reason: spelling

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by ljo View Post
I have noticed something odd which I see no reports on yet (but at work, so not much time for playing around) -- the features for eas, alien, xt9 are installed, but does not bring in the functionality. I assume it is something account related. Everything else seems very dandy though except for a minor regression for ambiences. In community version ambience (64-bit) crashes were fixed last Friday.
Everything works fine here :

ambience, EAS, Alien, XT9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Just want I wanted to hear.

Time to start looking for a cheap Xperia X so I can finally say goodbye to my Nokia 808.
Funny, even for me it replaced my Nokia 808 that gets its well-deserved retirement. At last I can take decent photos with an SFOS device.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jameson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
Everything works fine here :

ambience, EAS, Alien, XT9.
Yes, I assume that is the case for most people since it almost 24 hours of installations running now.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
It works. But perhaps not how you or I would want to. If you have the camera application on screen, pressing the hardware button takes a picture. But if you don't have the camera application active on screen it does nothing.

So depending on your needs, yes or no.
Damn, I was hoping they had implemented some generic camera launcher feature that could be used on FP2

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Feathers McGraw For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x