Active Topics

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Are the chances good that a 64GB F5122 dual SIM version will be flashable and behave with current official Sailfish X like the F5121 single SIM version?

I can only lay my hands on the dual SIM version and frankly I do have user scenario's for dual SIM phones.

Edit: found this answer by James Noori on Sailfish X blog: 25 Sept 2017:

Unfortunately there are possible issues with the modem of the device if you have the dual-sim version. Depending on your SIM card, it may or may not work and unfortunately we don’t currently have a way of telling what the issue is. Other than that the rest of the OS should work similarly but because of that critical issue we do not officially recommend anyone to buy or stay with F5122.

Instead of 2 SIM in the possible future it means possibly no SIM at present

Last edited by ste-phan; 2017-10-05 at 04:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by jakibaki View Post
I can confirm that flashing this image via the open source flashtool unlocks the oem partition for fastboot flashing!

So no requirement for emma at all and flashing Sailfish X on Linux/macOS will most likely just be a matter of updating using flashtool and replacing the flash.bat with this flash.sh!
If I remembered well, you were on a community build right? so, why did you flash the android image back ?

Thanks

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 120 | Thanked: 843 times | Joined on Jul 2015 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by mousse04 View Post
If I remembered well, you were on a community build right? so, why did you flash the android image back ?

Thanks
To test wether the fastboot partition is writable after updating via flashtool

I have to admit that at first I attemped to only partially update the firmware (get the fastboot update without overwriting Sailfish OS) which only kinda worked: The partition was writable after the update and Sailfish OS still booted but it broke the Wifi and Modem so I must have overwritten a wrong partition.

So I had to flash the full android update and then reflash Sailfish OS which fixed everything.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
I can confirm that flashing this image via the open source flashtool unlocks the oem partition for fastboot flashing!

So no requirement for emma at all and flashing Sailfish X on Linux/macOS will most likely just be a matter of updating using flashtool and replacing the flash.bat with this flash.sh!
So I will do it with Linux flashtool as I did the downgrade to MM. Thanks a lot for testing this out!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pexi For This Useful Post:
To test wether the fastboot partition is writable after updating via flashtool

I have to admit that at first I attemped to only partially update the firmware (get the fastboot update without overwriting Sailfish OS) which only kinda worked: The partition was writable after the update and Sailfish OS still booted but it broke the Wifi and Modem so I must have overwritten a wrong partition.

So I had to flash the full android update and then reflash Sailfish OS which fixed everything.
Thanks.

Anyway, one question remains to me : I thought Sony updated how their partition was, to enable partner , and the first one Jolla, to write their own image without touching the blobs.
so, does it mean that they release a new 7.1.1 android image recently to fulfil this needs ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Thanks.

Anyway, one question remains to me : I thought Sony updated how their partition was, to enable partner , and the first one Jolla, to write their own image without touching the blobs.
so, does it mean that they release a new 7.1.1 android image recently to fulfil this needs ?
The image I linked is exactly the one that people will flash using emma, everything that needs unlocking has been unlocked

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
The image I linked is exactly the one that people will flash using emma, everything that needs unlocking has been unlocked
And then, using the community build works once you've flashed this android build? Or you need to update the flash.sh script?
Another thing, in the sailfishX image, will it have a linux flash script ? Or will we need to create one ?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
And then, using the community build works once you've flashed this android build? Or you need to update the flash.sh script?
Another thing, in the sailfishX image, will it have a linux flash script ? Or will we need to create one ?
I didn't have to update any script, the community-build I flashed doesn't even require the blob-partition yet (that requirement will only come in the next build). I just confirmed that the blob-partition is now properly writable from fastboot mode.

I don't think the sailfish-x build will ship with the flash.sh but simply using this one which is in the same folder as the flash.bat in the repo should most likely work with no/only minor modification

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jakibaki For This Useful Post:
I didn't have to update any script, the community-build I flashed doesn't even require the blob-partition yet (that requirement will only come in the next build). I just confirmed that the blob-partition is now properly writable from fastboot mode.

I don't think the sailfish-x build will ship with the flash.sh but simply using this one which is in the same folder as the flash.bat in the repo should most likely work with no/only minor modification
Thanks a lot @jakibaki for all your answers to all my questions

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Just to go a step forward...
Do you think it will be possible a multirom to get both official Android and official Sailfish on the Xperia X ?

That way I could avoid Android App on Sailfish side and swith to Android OS only twice per year when required some Android app.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucavs For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x