Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Honestly, the sale of the Jolla tablets on Taobao is the final nail in the coffin of anyone else getting their tablets.
Not necessarily. At least in theory. I see no problem with the manufacturer producing more units if he gets paid. After all, only about 1k are on sale at Taobao as far as we know and there were 12k ordered altogether, so the manufacturer would have to produce more anyway.

I practice though, I do not see the future so rosy. I challenge Jolla to prove me wrong.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
My real complaint to Jolla was when they decided to go for dying high risk market (tablet) and not something with more potential like a watch.
Yeah, but who on earth cares about smart watches?

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-12-17 at 12:53. Reason: Missed "who", dammit.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by strongm View Post
Jolla are apparently investigating: https://mobile.twitter.com/AnttiSaar...98215410995200
investigating what?.........

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Jolla the company are utterly dead now. ?
Its only the hardware side that is totally borked, The software side is still going strong. Now if there was only a way where they could be spit up, into separate two identities maybe . Hardware and software?
Then you could just scuttle the hardware side and sail off towards a glorious sunrise in the software side.

Still that split is never going to happen is it!

now i understand why the split up...to make bankrupt with hw part and going only with sw one?...no, i quite still trust them.they dont seems types able to do this

Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yeah, but who on earth cares about smart watches?
I know a company who fell from marketleader to zero by ignoring the smartphone trend for long time, so...
We will see what the future holds
I am not sold completely either at this stage!
But all puzzle pieces for a convincing watch are in place.
I thought jolla would have the guts to be visionary and prepare for the trend.
But my wish fails with a financing solution also, i admit i am a sushi chef talking wishfull hot air on tech...
so after all, i am still impressed by how jolla manged to survive as long as they did!

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I think smarelopches have already filled their niche with the original pebble - a remote for your phone. All the added 'features' since have been as extraneous guff for showoffs. They've overreached and will retract back to. The TV market makes this mistake often; previously with 3d. Now curved screens. In the end they're just TVs again.

The tablet choice made sense to demo sailfish could support a range of arch and resolutions.

Hi, what a mess in Jolla. Should we wait for our Jolla tablet or get a refund at this stage?

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
investigating what?.........
Have Jolla's intellectual properties been stolen

ehm at the stage you had better to buy another tab on ebay,

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund