Active Topics

Hello,

yesterday I tried to install valgrind on the n900 to debug an issue with the rockbox port.

"apt-get install valgrind" doesn't seem to find the package even though I was able to install other dev tools.

It also mentions it can't find valgrind though it is referred by other packages. Huh?

Was there ever a binary valgrind package for maemo? At least the devtools wiki page mentions it.

Thanks!

The version in the tools repository is a bit old and doesn't have ARM support (it's meant for scratchbox X86 use only). There's a valgrind-3.6.0 in extras-devel which you can try though.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Thanks! Will try it tonight.

I'm just puzzled why entering "valgrind" into the search field of maemo.org didn't return the link you posted. Or let me put it this way: I didn't find an easy way to go to http://maemo.org/packages. Is it linked somewhere?

I only checked "garage.maemo.org" for software

Entering "n900 valgrind" or "maemo valgrind" into google didn't return any useful results, too.

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
Packages aren't always just their name. It might have a prefix or suffix like -dev or 1 or something silly that just throws you.

Use "apt-cache search Whatever" is a good way of finding it quickly. If there's too many results pipe it into grep or less. Or both