Posts: 273 | Thanked: 113 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Germany
No problems with OTA-Update here, though I am having testing and devel repos enabled and some programs from there installed.
Worked like a charm

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
If I can help with anything else, just ask! Please click 'Thanks!' if this post was helpful.

Everything went very smoothly- Can't wait to see what the next fw update brings.

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
mine worked perfectly, done via app manager

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
You can read detailed `story` on my update HERE

As for the apps I had, given that I had the device less than 3 days prior the update I didn't have lots of them, at least not problematic ones, only the essentials (for me). The list is: 3G/2G Mode Selection Applet, Bounce Evolution, Cellular Modem Control Buttons, Decoders Support, DOSBox, FM Radio Player, GUI frontend for rsync, load-applet, Mirror, Ogg Support, OpenSSH Client and Server, Personal Dataplan Monitor, Personal IP Address, Petrovich, Pidgin Extra Protocols (Bonjour and Sametime), Pidgin protocols plugin for Conversations and Contacts, Recorder, rootsh, Simple Brightness Applet, SuperTux, vim, vncviewer.

I think I had also AdBlock Plus installed, but it was somewhat quirky so I removed it... Which caused my only problem so far, although I think it's more due to the microB itself, than the update - it wouldn't go away from my Addons panel, and even when I did override of it with 1.1 version from HERE it was still showing as 1.0.2 (if I remember correctly) and for some reason it didn't allow me to subscribe to a filter list. I tried to clean it up but it kept poping out from somewhere, even tho ~/.mozilla/microb had no mention of it (true, I forgot to look into prefs.js). So I removed the whole microb folder and let it rebuild (I had to reboot tho, microB was bragging about some session stuff and such). After that I had a little problem that almost made me write a bug report - it wouldn't remember typed links and didn't offer me autocomplete, but it fixed itself after 10 or so minutes. Then I installed AdBlock Plus 1.1 and everything is working fine now. Well, maybe a bit slower (I get far more `grid` render and ghost rendering on pages than before), but I think it's due to AdBlock Plus and not microB itself.

The only other thing that I noticed, although it might be purely subjective opinion, is that video player is a bit `jerkier` - before the update it was working butter-smooth, now I have an occasional jitter, but it happens quite rarely and I might just have not noticed it earlier.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Yep, installed OTA and updated itself without fuss. Remarkable, really.

My first update download corrupted itself but Application Manager re-downloaded the bits missing, and I had to optify Python and remove some apps to free up space (though that's my fault for being a nosey developer and checking them all out )

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ israel
i have this
http://yfrog.com/15p17011011105j
i cent do update

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by amirtayeb View Post
i have this
i cent do update
Try disabling the maemo-org repositories until they're restored. They are confuddling your app manager's attempt to check for updates.

Then make sure you have enough rootfs, and you should be good to go.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
OTA over WiFi went without any problems on my N900 with lots of applications installed (from OVI, extras, and extras-testing).
I had only 40 MB free on rootfs, but this was enough.

Didn't work out here. I was optimistic because the previous mini-upgrade worked.

At first it appeared to have worked, as it went through the motions and then rebooted. It was suspiciously fast though, from what I'm familiar with from normal Debian upgrades with that amount of download. But it looked OK, until I tried to connect to wi-fi. It associated to the AP but never finished (never timed out), didn't go through the DHCP phase.

I switched to 3G, which worked, and visited the app manager again. Pressed update. It again showed a Maemo 5 upgrade, this time a bit smaller. I hit it. It went through the motions again, rebooted.

I visited the app manager again, it _still_ showed the Maemo 5 update. This time only 21KB though. When I hit it it told me I would have to flash. And sure enough, shortly after the device complained about read-only filesystems, and 'dmesg' showed ubifs errors. And then it died.

Now I'm stuck because tablets-dev.nokia.com is down. I shouldn't have been that optimistic, the right way would have been to get hold of the firmware image and flasher in advance, to be prepared for the worst, before attempting the app manager upgrade. Argh.

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ israel
I HAVE nokia applications
nokia system software updates
and ovi