Active Topics

Notices

ill gladly pay for it

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
this guy is no way to be trusted i think.... AND Nokia should have snapped him up lol.

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Another video at Mobile World Congress.

Alien Dalvik in action at Mobile World Congress

Grettings.
Hardly the most impressive demo at the MWC!!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand

I think what this video shows us is that it is possible to run android apps on maemo... if Dalvik have figured out how to do it, can't the community have a go?

I would happily pay for this, Dalvik's or a community effort... I myself have zero knowledge of development for maemo but would be willing to be a tester :-D

The Following User Says Thank You to mastac For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mastac View Post
I think what this video shows us is that it is possible to run android apps on maemo... if Dalvik have figured out how to do it, can't the community have a go?

I would happily pay for this, Dalvik's or a community effort... I myself have zero knowledge of development for maemo but would be willing to be a tester :-D
A FOSS Dalvik VM could be a winning strategy to Meego also.
But maybe Samsung's Meego phone will have Alien Dalvik and if the hardware is like in Samsung Galaxy S2, I think we all would be satisfied.

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
A FOSS Dalvik VM could be a winning strategy to Meego also.
But maybe Samsung's Meego phone will have Alien Dalvik and if the hardware is like in Samsung Galaxy S2, I think we all would be satisfied.
Where did you hear about Samsung Meego phone? Source please.

Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
Where did you hear about Samsung Meego phone? Source please.
From this forum, it was a link to this one blog, so must be taken with salt. Also we all know Samsung already has Meego tablet.
Now when Nokia has given up Meego, I am sure some of the big players will try with recent high-end hardware. Samsung may know, a real Linux-OS like Meego would sell better than Bada.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
From this forum, it was a link to this one blog, so must be taken with salt. Also we all know Samsung already has Meego tablet.
Now when Nokia has given up Meego, I am sure some of the big players will try with recent high-end hardware. Samsung may know, a real Linux-OS like Meego would sell better than Bada.
Oh the ignorance is just so thick and slimy. First, Bada is not an OS, it is a platform, more like Qt. Bada can run on several different core OS'es. On the Wave S8500 it runs on OpenBSD. It is not meant for high end, not yet anyway, although the Wave with 1GHz processor and super amoled is not exactly low end. Version 2.0 is coming in June, also for the first Wave. 2.0 will have full multitasking, NFC, HTML5 and so on.

It has sold 5 million last year (since June), and they predict sales of 10 million in the first half of 2011. The most selling Android phone ever, the Galaxy S, "only" sold 10 millions during all 12 months of 2010. I think it is safe to say that Bada is a success, and hell of a lot more so than MeeGo. Bada may very well use the MeeGo core, but why? it seems that OpenBSD is doing fine.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Netherlands
It would be a nice added value to have the Android apps on the N900. I would also pay for this app.

Tags
2014 no dalvik, android, dalvik, its christmas!, java vm, just shoot me, maemo, meegdroid, meego