Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
...this week, there was a big "CENSORED" on the slate at the end of the show. You need to either a) read very, very quickly most of the time, or b) record the show so that you can 'pause' and read the screen -- it only displays for about a second.

when it's censored he usually writes "you know where to look"

umm... no, I don't know where to look. does anybody here know?

All of the vanity cards can be found at chuck lorre's website.
http://www.chucklorre.com/
ahcloned

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Great show, too bad they (CBS) censor stuff. As you might already know Chuck Lorre also does another "little" show Two and a half men.
Speaking of sitcoms, I've had high hopes for How I met your mother, but I think they lost their cool past season 2.

Yes it is going down hill. Its definetly one of Neil Patrick Harris's better roles. He was awesome in Harold and Kumar go to white castle too!
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
I really like Big Bang Theory. We've had season 1 here in the UK, still waiting for season 2 (and of Chuck) . I know I could bittorrent them, but I like to wait. Every time I hear it, I think that the title tune would made a good ring tone

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Sioux Falls SD
Briand,
All the censored ones that I've read have the link right below the post to go to the censored page.
http://www.chucklorre.com/index.php?p=171

My bad...you needed the page to his vanity card posts. Sorry lack of sleep.

Last edited by Willowave; 2008-11-05 at 19:40. Reason: Dumbness?

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Long Island
pixelseventy2

How well does the show relate culturally? Is geek culture the same in the UK as it is in the USA?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I will look for Big Bang Theory. I recently discovered the fantastic series Weeds -- I only watch what I can run on demand on my computer.

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
I will look for Big Bang Theory. I recently discovered the fantastic series Weeds -- I only watch what I can run on demand on my computer.
http://www.cbs.com/primetime/big_bang_theory/
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by bluesubaru View Post
pixelseventy2

How well does the show relate culturally? Is geek culture the same in the UK as it is in the USA?

I rather like The Big Bang Theory.. but I really, profoundly prefer the geek humor in The IR Crowd. Which, maybe answers your question in a veiled way. Around my circles, The IT Crowd is a MUCH bigger hit but most of my friends are open-source nuts, have had the experience of doing help desk or phone support and most of them live in or had lived around Silicon Valley.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
believe it or not... this is me in my Halloween costume. I guess I'm the one like Sheldon. Although I do have a girlfriend at least!
Attached Images

And it is cheaper, lighter and less consuming than an x86 laptop!

Tags
tv show