newsbot | Posts: 94 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jul 2005
It seems like Nokia has surprised us with this one! The Nokia 770 is now available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, and the UK. ...
Read the full article.

Cool... hopefully the USA is soon...I wonder when they will update the Nokia Europe website? It still indicates "coming soon"..

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Darn it! I KNEW the U.S. should have joined the EU!

I wish I had a visa.

Just placed an order. I hope I'm not going to regret thjis

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by andymulhearn
Just placed an order. I hope I'm not going to regret thjis
Ditto, at 17:09 with "express" delivery. Order status says "open" - wonder when it'll arrive at my office...

Same here. Ordered at 19:11 and order open. Didn't go for the express delivery because I suspect it won't be a saturday delivery.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'd caution buying it from EU if you're from overseas like I am (Canada). The duty on something that expensive is likely to be pretty hefty.

If anyone gave in (and believe me, I'm tempted right now), can you tell me how much the duty came to? (US or Canada, I just want to get a rough idea)

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
I'm ready to order 2 or 3 of them for our stateside use so our developers/designers can start playing around creating something interesting for elearning/mlearning customers! Our many months of anticipation will finally be satisfied soon!

Robert ;?)

Last edited by Robert Gadd (OnPoint); 2005-11-03 at 20:32. Reason: Fix misspelling

Originally Posted by Hedgecore
I'd caution buying it from EU if you're from overseas like I am (Canada). The duty on something that expensive is likely to be pretty hefty.

If anyone gave in (and believe me, I'm tempted right now), can you tell me how much the duty came to? (US or Canada, I just want to get a rough idea)
Don't forget the price you see includes VAT at 17.5% - the unit price is close to £208. If there's some way you can reclaim that, it may make the cost somewhat less unpleasant.