im from iran and im usinig a Dialup Connection,Using my Sim card Internet Would Cost me much So i want to Share my Dial up Internet With my N900 Via Wi fi,Is there Any way that i Can Do that?Pls Some one Help me tanx So much

Well whatever you use it will be from a program running on your laptop. Google share laptop internet via wi-fi, and I'm sure you'll find some apps to help you achieve that. From your N900s perspective you should just see a new wi-fi connection that you can connect too.

2d

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Dial up internet connection? Doesnīt that need modem? N900 can only use 2g,3g or wifi to connect itself to internet (maybe perhaps usb/bluetooth but these are bit special cases) but it surely doesnīt have old time dial up modem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modem#N..._dialup_modems

Or am I missing something here.

To share your sim card internet connection (2g or 3g) to wifi you can use mobilehotspot application from maemo.org extra repositories.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia
I can suggest three solutions for you:

1. If you have a stand alone modem, you can buy a wireless router and connect it to the modem, which should cost below $100.
2. Configure an Ad-Hoc network on your laptop.
3. Configure usb network as described here: http://wiki.maemo.org/USB_networking

tanx everybody,But i told you im from Iran and in iran You Cannot have more than 128kb Dsl internet Connection and it Would Cost us For more than 150 $,so i have To use The Dial up Connection i Got the dial up modem and my laptop has The Wi Fi modem,i made a New Wifi connection in and my N900 Can Find it but i cannot use the net (( if anything can help plz Tell me,tanx So many Times

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
If I understand your problem, you want to use the dial-up connection in your n900 via ur laptop wifi right?

The way to proceed is to set up a wifi hotspot with your laptop. If you're using windows 7, then a free app called "connectify" can help you. If you're using XP follow this tutorial:
http://www.brighthub.com/computing/w...cles/7785.aspx
Hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by siavarshan View Post
tanx everybody,But i told you im from Iran and in iran You Cannot have more than 128kb Dsl internet Connection and it Would Cost us For more than 150 $,so i have To use The Dial up Connection i Got the dial up modem and my laptop has The Wi Fi modem,i made a New Wifi connection in and my N900 Can Find it but i cannot use the net (( if anything can help plz Tell me,tanx So many Times
So letīs try to understand you once more.

You want to sahre your dial-up internet connection from your laptop to N900. You would like to use wifi? So it means that you need to setup your laptop as wlan acces point from your laptops operating system. IIRC from windows this means that you have to make ad-hoc network(google for more guides..tubes are full of them). For more guides I prefer that you describe your situation once more.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
i tried The connectify and it didnt work, i made an adhoc and my both devices are working good but the problem is i cannot use the Internet via the Adhoc,u know what i mean?everything is shared except using Internet,

The Following User Says Thank You to siavarshan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
First of all, you are using windows 7 right? Because connectify does not work in Vista/XP. For those you have to do it the hard way.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by siavarshan View Post
i tried The connectify and it didnt work, i made an adhoc and my both devices are working good but the problem is i cannot use the Internet via the Adhoc,u know what i mean?everything is shared except using Internet,

Same here with XP : (

Adhoc connection all sorted on the laptop
The n900 connects happily to the adhoc conn.....but launching the browser just results in a pile of Fail.....

Turned off the firewal
Ensured the adsl conn is shared, plus all the usual stuff is set correctly when creating an adhoc network

Sigh