Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by moudy91 View Post
hi sir.

i know this case from long time ago and maybe it was close, but usual i read things new in maemo, and this case did get my attention, because i flash my n900 ever week and all the times i install the usual applications .dep and i want to save them into my phone so i dont want to wait anymore installing them.
so, i did your way but nothing happens, can you help me with this please.
important applications that i need,
wireless-tools
hildon-desktop
orientation lock
openSSH client and server
USSD for all, ussd-widget ( in one package )
please, how can i install them into my n900 without connecting to the internet and and wait application manager to load?
thank you
if you have .deb files put them all in one folder and install rootsh from application menu and then in xterminal type
sudo gainroot
cd </path/to/files/>
dpkg -i ./*

that should work, if not plz give output here so that I and others may help you

also i have one suggestion for you, i started the thread for my problem and i found a better way to keep all in file.(including settings .debs and others) i use backupmenu now a days and keep whole backup of my device it is perfect option for me.trust me it worth a try. install it from application manager.

Good luck!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

Last edited by nicholes; 2012-02-15 at 11:52.

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
if you have .deb files put them all in one folder and install rootsh from application menu and then in xterminal type
sudo gainroot
cd </path/to/files/>
dpkg -i ./*

that should work, if not plz give output here so that I and others may help you

also i have one suggestion for you, i started the thread for my problem and i found a better way to keep all in file.(including settings .debs and others) i use backupmenu now a days and keep whole backup of my device it is perfect option for me.trust me it worth a try. install it from application manager.

Good luck!
hi,

the backupmenu will backup my .deb files installed in my N900 ? and will restore them after i flashed it ??

but i want another way because i don't want to install anything from the internet i want everything offline mode.
after i flashed i have to install backupmenu from the internet application manager.

( if you have .deb files put them all in one folder and install rootsh from application menu and then in xterminal type
sudo gainroot
cd </path/to/files/>
dpkg -i ./*) ( I DONT HAVE THE .DEB FILES I NEED TO BE DONWLOADED, THEN INSTALL THEM OFFLINE )

usual i download applications from maemo package then transfer them into my N900 then i install them, but these application i can't download them :
wireless-tools
hildon-desktop
orientation lock
openSSH client and server
USSD for all, ussd-widget ( in one package )
i want them into my n900 as .deb so i can install them anytime i want, without internet connection.
how can this be done ?

Last edited by moudy91; 2012-03-07 at 03:12.

Tags
dont read tags, feeling sleepy, no tag here