Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
I still use mine as my private phone.. for calling and texting,, installing some apps. browsing and other are very slow.... whenever I insert headphone jack to hear music it makes a strange sounds and not working... don t know why.. bought second battery for this monster and still working like a charm with 3G operator.

The Following User Says Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Just curious, anyone still using the N900 as their daily phone ? I still have mine but not using it anymore.

Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
I still use mine as my private phone.. for calling and texting,, installing some apps. browsing and other are very slow.... whenever I insert headphone jack to hear music it makes a strange sounds and not working... don t know why.. bought second battery for this monster and still working like a charm with 3G operator.
Replying late on this post, the headphone noise is because the AUX Jack isn't supported by the N900 Headphone port. Insert it halfway to the port and it should work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Thanks for your reply. I am not relying too much on headphone just enjoying my Monster.

It is working like a charm, of course not as speed as modern smartphone. It is working as I want it to work and serve my basic needs.

NOKIA did a great job building the best quality phone. Shame only limited Ram and Rom. If it was more that 1 GIG and good CPU, Am sure that it will perform better than today's smartphones.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:
Posts: 252 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2021 @ Poland
I use N9 for some time as daily and N900 for some time as daily.
https://t.me/maemomeegoapps

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dredlok706 For This Useful Post:
I do. I got one a few days ago and I'm just getting into Maemo. The thing is, for having more time and privacy, I got off social media, Gmail, Google search, WhatsApp and so on a few years ago. Bought a Nokia 5800 for nostalgia and fell in love with Symbian S60. From there I went through several other Nokia devices, as well as some Lumias, until I relatively recently decided to switch to FOSS completely. So I use my phone for calling, but my SIM is inside a Nokia N97 Mini which never leaves the home. I just love smartphones so much, they're my passion, so I love to take one with me but I don't like being tracked.
To me, the Nokia N900 has always been a niche yet powerful device which I could only dream of, because where I live there are few in second hand websites and all surpassing 150€, which is way too much for me. But I recently saw one for 40€. No box, no accessories, no stylus even. But in fairly good condition and, I mean, it's very cheap and for how cool and rare it is I just had to get it. And so I actually convinced the guy to lower it to 30€ and here I am! Since I don't use my smartphone for too much, it's completely OK for me in terms of functionality. And Maemo 5 is... woah. Mind blowing. And quite refreshing(I was using Symbian S60 5th Edition before it!). So yeah, I proudly use a Nokia N900 as my main phone today.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aikon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Welcome to Maemo Forum!!!

Suggestions for you to check concerning using N900:

The member Nonsuch website: https://dt.iki.fi/tags?q=n900

Maemo Leste https://leste.maemo.org/Nokia_N900

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
While I already had a Pinephone in-hand I could have continued with the N900 to this day had I not gotten the deballed SIM issue.
While I cannot access most websites with the browser on the N900 I can play audiobooks, make calls, send SMSs, connect to 3G data and share it via bluetooth, and I can also connect to my Pebble smartwatch.
Only recently has Pinephone/Mobian gotten a good audiobook player, it can make calls/SMS, the bluetooth PAN wireless access point is not ready yet(though it can do WiFi hotspot), there is no libpebbe app to use the wrist watch, and the GPS navigation is not working correctly right now. Most importantly I can expect a system crash and reboot around once every 24-48 hours.
So yes, If I had a working N900 I would probably still use it as my everyday phone, but I guess it is good I am working on making Mobian better.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
And using browser with nginx get's you on sites.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
June 2022 and still using the N900 I bought early 2015. Thing is starting to die though, the USB port has seen better days and I lose signal once in a while.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Proud to use it as a daily phone for calling and receiving SMSs.

No need for Wifi or internet only if there is an update or applications to be downloaded.

I have a smartphone to use for other purposes but my passion is Nokia N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to salahkhani For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900