Originally Posted by Miharin View Post
I figured I'd try to use more Android apps since they have become slightly faster with Sailfish updates, but still I have horrible crashing issues like right now every single time I swipe left or right to get to another app, the whole Android interface closes. This happens with every Android app. Also, Facebook app has to be launched 3-4 times every time before it stays open for even a little while.
I remember having these kind of issues before the time of installing google play. After that works solid -> app starts the first time, no crashes when using the app.

Though after latest OS update, some times this swiping thing does close the android window.

Originally Posted by latency View Post
Sounds like strange issue with swiping. The android facebook app works like a charm on my Jolla so far.
I have the same problem. But I think it's not a swipe issue but a memmory problem.
When only a Android-App is open it never closes. 1-3 nativ apps and Android-app, stable most of the time. More than 4 nativ apps and Android -> very unstable!

Hi,

A long shot I know but maybe someone's figured it...

I'm looking for a way to mirror the output of an Android app running on Jolla. I tried Mobizen but it complains that it can't support the device

Use case is a mobile app that installs and runs just fine in the Android sandbox. Need to mirror to my PC monitor for an instructional video.

Any clues gratefully received

Gary

Posts: 126 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Lebanon
Hello, i have a question for jolla owners.was anyone successful in installing Clash of clans with a previous saved game and was able to update his progress on google+?

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Alfdererste View Post
I have the same problem. But I think it's not a swipe issue but a memmory problem.
When only a Android-App is open it never closes. 1-3 nativ apps and Android-app, stable most of the time. More than 4 nativ apps and Android -> very unstable!
This must be it. Seems like the only way to minimize android emulator without it closing down is to have only a few sailfish apps open... As it is now the whole android part feels useless. I've updated Facebook but still it has to be opened at least 3-4 times before it stops crashing, and if I did want to keep it open in the background I have to close almost every sailfish app...

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
With Saapunki, Android apps didn't autoclose for me anymore when swiping away. This appears to have been improved.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Has anyone managed to get Google Chrome Android-browser working on Jolla?
The issue is that the browser starts but it won't load any pages. Neither search nor urls are working.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Nairobi Kenya
With Sailfish on Nokia N9, am i able to install the Drifta app for dvb-h tv? Anyone tried it already or can try?..............Av-OUT is supported too?

Haven't tried it yet but am looking forward to flashing for sailfish....

kind regards

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post
With Sailfish on Nokia N9, am i able to install the Drifta app for dvb-h tv? Anyone tried it already or can try?..............Av-OUT is supported too?

kind regards
Can you actually run android apps on Sailfish when ported to N9? When ported to android device you do not have Dalvik license. Isn't that the same with N9?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by Freddie View Post

kind regards
No you can't because only the Jolla phone has Alien Dalvik support. An N9 flashed with Sailfish won't run Android apps.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post:

Tags
aindroid, essential apps