Active Topics

hello all!

i have had my n900 for a little over a week, and i have enjoyed the phone thus far(besides the battery life and few other issues).

i have just two issues at the moment:

1) i changed my theme to the alpine theme which i got from ovi store. while there is no problem with the theme or the background, there is an issue when i go to the conversations app. The screen in the app is green, and i guess the text is green as well and it is unreadable. anyway to fix this?

2) joiku spot premium is not performing too well, anyway to enhance its performance?

furthermore,

i want my phone to be the coolest thing which i can do everything on. with that being said, i have a LG plasma tv which i can not find the remote for, anyway my n900 can double as a control for that tv set?

very much thanks in advance !

Posts: 79 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Devon, UK
Originally Posted by asadkhan1988 View Post
The screen in the app is green, and i guess the text is green as well and it is unreadable. anyway to fix this?
Try theme-customizer.

2) joiku spot premium is not performing too well, anyway to enhance its performance?
I've never used Joiku, but perhaps you could investigate mobilehotspot instead.

anyway my n900 can double as a control for that tv set?
Try irreco-for-n900. However, if the IR power output of previous Nokia handsets are any indication you'll have to be within arm's length of the TV for it to work.

In future you might try searching this forum yourself; all this software has been mentioned here previously.

Posts: 220 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ england
i can use irreco from around 9feet. plenty enough imo.

The Following User Says Thank You to mr_xzibit For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
hello all!

i have had my n900 for a little over a week, and i have enjoyed the phone thus far(besides the battery life and few other issues).

i have just two issues at the moment:

1) i changed my theme to the alpine theme which i got from ovi store. while there is no problem with the theme or the background, there is an issue when i go to the conversations app. The screen in the app is green, and i guess the text is green as well and it is unreadable. anyway to fix this?
the theme sucks. try to find another theme that is functional in every way. (you could also contact the author and ask him/her to fix the issue, it shouldn't take long to fix but getting a new version to ovi store is whole another story)
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
To be sure that all colors and settings from the new theme are correct - just restart your N900.
Try one of the themes from D-livil: Plastic theme + theme packs 1 or 2. They rock!

Regards.

hi guys

i am still having the issue with conversations

it is impossible to read threads but i can read it fine in the conversation main menu

i have downloaded and installed theme customizer but i can not fix it that way either

i changed my theme as well but the screen is now black with black text

i really like this phone but the conversations app is an integral piece of the whole pie for me

i hope i can remedy this sooner rather than later

thanks in advance

i have downloaded and installed theme customizer but i can not fix it that way either
Really? I just used it and changed the four font colours. After a reboot all screens in Conversations used the new colours, just as expected.

i tried it but to no avail

i will try to change every option to black color and than repost

thank you

yes it is not working

perhaps i am doing something wrong?

the problem seems to be the window color in conversations

will restoring to a back up i made before this happened solve the issue

perhaps i am doing something wrong?
Did you click the 'Apply changes' button and reboot?

will restoring to a back up i made before this happened solve the issue
Almost certainly.