Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Hi all,
I want to report that issue #254, "Next" button doesn't work on new/edit (wifi) connection is still ongoing in the new update.

Not too bad, I can still connect with a WEP AP, but is there a workaround to configure WPA2 access points with username and password ?

And also,what are the apps you installed (or tested) so far, which worked well (or almost well) with Leste?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
This week I got this announcement in time reminding me.
There are links to mailing lists.

I didn't actually know that this mailing list exists, so I wouldn't expect people who haven't paid much attention to tmo for last few years to know either.

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi all,
I want to report that issue #254, "Next" button doesn't work on new/edit (wifi) connection is still ongoing in the new update.
Yeah, sorry about that, at least we found the reason (see on github) so a fix should follow shortly.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Yeah, sorry about that, at least we found the reason (see on github) so a fix should follow shortly.
Well, No need to be sorry...You've done so much so far!!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boemien For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I have been wondering. With Fremantle people have made these tweaks: swap on sdcard and cloned emmc also, overclocks and swap configures, transition blocks etc.. How it will be with Leste? Are there some things preconfigured to make the device run faster or are these things something you need to do by your own?

For Pro1 they will not be necessary and neither for Pine or Droid, but with N900 some preconfigured tweaks to use less ram and speed up cpu could be good.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
I have been wondering. With Fremantle people have made these tweaks: swap on sdcard and cloned emmc also, overclocks and swap configures, transition blocks etc.. How it will be with Leste? Are there some things preconfigured to make the device run faster or are these things something you need to do by your own?

For Pro1 they will not be necessary and neither for Pine or Droid, but with N900 some preconfigured tweaks to use less ram and speed up cpu could be good.
It is just an assumption but for Pro1 swap and overclocking may not be necesseary as it has 6 Gb ram and snapdragon 835... Transition is based on transitions.ini on n900 so it could be changed by user (if hildon remains the main gui... I do not know anything about gtk3 progress...) even on Leste I presume...

For the n900... sad but true that this tiny beast is not powerful enough nowadays for many tasks - talking about the hardware here... So overclocking can simply kill it, swap isn't always a solution or may not be enough... Tweaking with transitions may count but...

Last edited by justmemory; 2020-01-16 at 13:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by justmemory View Post
For the n900... sad but true that this tiny beast is not powerful enough nowadays for many tasks - talking about the hardware here... So overclocking can simply kill it, swap isn't always a solution or may not be enough... Tweaking with transitions may count but...
One more reason to vote for Fxtec to give a Pro1 to the Leste team. (If they whish so)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
The pro is a limited number expensive niche device ...

It makes more sense to see effort and time spent on devices that are plentiful to the point of market saturation, affordability, access to parts and known device stability.

I would rather see the effort by the Leste team put toward the droid or nexus...or other plentiful "x" devices

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2020-01-17 at 07:31.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
Hi all,

Not too bad, I can still connect with a WEP AP, but is there a workaround to configure WPA2 access points with username and password ?

And also,what are the apps you installed (or tested) so far, which worked well (or almost well) with Leste?
Should be solved now.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wizzup_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
The N900 was an expensive niche device too when it was released Endsormeans, at $569 RRP which would account for more nowadays with inflation. And even though it is cheaper now (though more expensive than any alternative from its era), it has become even more niche. I don't think the Proš should be ruled out because it is a niche and equally expensive device, it might actually be the best candidate to get Leste to people not interested in vintage devices.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2020-01-17 at 22:42.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
leste, maemo 7