Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by zgal View Post
Currently, i'm on the latest deb (wazapp-11092012-0000.deb)
I do all the way from scratch by deleting and uninstalling all necessary files and account.
Restart phone, re-register, re-install.

I manage to get myself to connect, but it seem to be one-time basis.
I tested by whatsapp-ing myself, and it stay as red and stuck.
I menu quit and reopen whatsapp, i then receive whatever i send to myself.

Not sure, if it is intended to be working like this? (at least for now)
The notification problem seems to happen for many right now. One has to quit and restart Wazapp to see if the message was sent or not and to receive anything from others. You could also just switch back and forth from 3G to Wlan to receive new messages and see if your messages went through without having to quit and restart Wazapp.

EDIT.
It works now. I'm not sure what did it though. I uninstalled, del db, restarted, resynced etc....all this several times and now it suddenly started working. Notifications turn green and I can recieve messages without restarting wazapp or switching back and forth from 3G to Wlan. Maybe it was a server related problem after all.

Last edited by latency; 2012-09-11 at 07:25.

The Following User Says Thank You to latency For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on May 2012 @ México
I face the same issue, i get red dots, no message going out, and not receiving messages, i close wazzap via the quit button, i reopen the app then all my messages are marked with green dot, and i receive messages right after the app starts, but then the problem begins again, red dots not changing, not sendind-receiving messages, and im also unable to see the "last" or "online" status, even though wazapp doesnt says connecting, because it is connected.
i hope this get solved soon

I had the same issue with sending messages (red dot) with latest build. Quiting Wazapp didn't solve it. Neither did deleting DB file.

I fixed it with rebooting phone. Try it, it may work for you too.

Last edited by Morpog; 2012-09-11 at 07:18.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Nidderau,Hessen , Germany
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
I had the same issue with sending messages (red dot) with latest build. Quiting Wazapp didn't solve it.

I fixed it with rebooting phone. Try it, it may work for you too.
after starting , quiting, rebooting, and all that multiple times i got it back up again, no issues so far

Just fixed the "getting/sending messages only on start"-bug for me.

What I did is restart the phone, started wazapp, turned the screen off and left the phone completely alone for a couple of minutes.
Now it works perfectly fine since then, even if I quit and restart again.

Posts: 181 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bahrain
guys nothing is wrong with wazapp
whatsapp was down
try searching first.
https://twitter.com/#!/search/?q=whatsapp&src=tyah

and its back to normal now, i suppose.

The Following User Says Thank You to Alee For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by miniraverli View Post
Try to restart your phone

@samse hani am afang au gha, muesch eifach rasch ab- und wider iistelle dänn sötts gah!
Danke het funktioniert!

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Finland
I got the good old "Connecting..." error, with my messages being sent while being shown unsent and me unable to receive responses (tested with my wifes phone). I removed the account, the program and all the files in .wazapp - in this order though I don't know if it matters. After a reinstallation and reregistration everything works fine, including sending pics and even videos!

*edit: Sending videos worked with my 2 second test clip, but a few minute clip was already too much, it sends it forever and when it's finally about to finish it says retry. I'm not even sure if the problem is with the app. Oh well, I can live without sending videos over wazapp.

About syncing contacts: I've got over 400 contacts, so I suppose that would cause problems. Whenever I sync my contacts I get a "Not responding, close app? yes/no" message between every step of the process (sometimes the app freezes for a while before it). Resolutely choosing no every time lets me move forward and gets my contacts synced eventually.

Cheers for all the devs! I actually started thinking about starting to use twitter just so I could follow them on it And I definitely think part of my next paycheck's going to a donation

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Thanx a million Devs, U guys just keep supprising us even when all hope is lost. No bad symptoms on my side yet, didn't even uninstall the previous version, just made sure it's not open when installing the new Deb. Not even a single crash so far!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
knobtviker, cepi, tarek - I love you.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to foredoomed For This Useful Post:

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp