Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I think that kernel build instructions should be added.
It's as simple as checkout from git, and make changes, then make, preferably with the NDK. (codesourcery toolchain pumps out code of dubious reliability, based on my tests with a Tab 8.9)

EDIT: Hmm, it seems that WiFi being connected makes the battery burn. However, I was using the phone <3 feet away from the router. Does the driver just set TX power to maximum?
This could be the problem, that is exactly what happened with mine, It thought my home network was still there but to far away, so it got the TX power up and kept it there as if connected, burning through my battery and heating up the phone too.
Take into account the current objective from nitdroid right now I think is to make everything work, after it can all be used they will start bringing these optimizations along or maybe I'm talking nonsense and it is just a silly problem you can fix with a config file, as I said I haven't even tried nitdroid

Has anyone read this news? ---> Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich on Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to AWasisto For This Useful Post:
Oh! I've got something!

Has anyone seen this branch? ---> http://gitorious.org/android-n900/ni...st/commits/ics

ics = Ice Cream Sandwich
Isn't it?

worth upgrading from 2.3.4 to newer versions now?
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Ice cream sandwich has been ported to n900. video available on youtube. but its very slow now. i think they will release it soon. love my n900 alot.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Yes, this is Ics..I'm studying Nitdroid to help e-yes and following the development on Nitdroid Forum

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rb26vl View Post
For anyone having issues with "Force close" errors in a lot of apps in Nitrdoid (OOME usually), the following fix should help:

1. Boot into Maemo
2. Open X-Term (Ctrl+X)
3. Run 'vi /home/system/build.prop'
4. Press i to change to edit/insert mode
5. At the end of the file, add the following line:
dalvik.vm.heapsize=32m
6. Press 'esc', write ':wq'
7. Boot back into Nitdroid and you should be sweet
sorry but what im doing wrong im getting q is not implented error?

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by blackjack4it View Post
Yes, this is Ics..I'm studying Nitdroid to help e-yes and following the development on Nitdroid Forum
from where are you studying nitdroid ? im also interested.

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Italy
Basically is just Android, so the best is study Android system in all parts..what e-yes and Nitdroid team basically do is feed Android system with N900 hardware components drivers and tells the kernel to load them so the chapters are:
1) How Android system works
2) How to compile a driver in Linux and load it
3) Connect Nitdroid in Debug usb mode, load the driver into the system (insmod like) and see if it works..."works" means that the system handle with it without strange errors

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to blackjack4it For This Useful Post:
hi everyone!
I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to say thanks to all developers of Nitdriod...
Now I have some problems cause I have class 2 memory card, but I hope they will disappear when I bought class 10.
In the moment I'm learning how nitdroid is working and I hope that i will be able to help developing over time.

Sorry cause my bad English (I'm from Croatia), I hope you can understand me

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid