Posts: 269 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by BlogrQ View Post
I will never treat you like eucheprof, 'cause he's just a punk. But you could tell me my friend, i swear i will tell no-one
Can someone briefly and objectively explain to me what happened to this "Eucheprof"? I ve been away for a long time and it seems this has been a major blast here.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Seb Per View Post
Can someone briefly and objectively explain to me what happened to this "Eucheprof"? I ve been away for a long time and it seems this has been a major blast here.
You don't want to know. But if you think you do, read the "no personal attacks" thread near the bottom of the forum.

Moving right along...

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I noticed the update wizard did get updated.. but the new firmware isn't there. Can those of you in the know tell me if repeatedly hitting F5 today is a waste of time?
Hey, at least they RELEASED UPDATE to the update wizard... Would that fill half of the promise?

As far as I can tell... you'll be happier to treat today as any other normal Friday: Go out, have fun, take a beer...

Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You don't want to know. But if you think you do, read the "no personal attacks" thread near the bottom of the forum.

Moving right along...
OK i opened the thread and briefly read the last posts. you were right.

Coming back on the original topic of this thread.

Did some one declared that 29/06 had to be the latest possible date for a release in S2?
On which grounds? working week instead of calendar week? Can't a release be programmed to be uploaded beforehand?

why not 30/06?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA

Did some one declared that 29/06 had to be the latest possible date for a release in S2?
On which grounds? working week instead of calendar week? Can't a release be programmed to be uploaded beforehand?

why not 30/06?
And I thought *I* was a troublemaker...

Posts: 26 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Delaware,US
Since there is so much talk about getting skype on the n800 i wanted to write a brief tutotrial on how I accomplished this just 1 hour ago.

1.download skype on your laptop.
2.install skype, open program
3.put your n800 underneath your laptop
4.enjoy

please note this has not been tested with a desktop or with skype for linux

Since I don't think that Nokia will be releasing an update on saturday, I will just rant a bit:

I think it is a very bad thing that Nokia promised Skype in the first half and doesn't deliver, without even a mention of the delay.
I think it is disrespectful to your own customers, and gives the impression that Nokia doesn't give a crap about them.
I know this is common practice, and for new product releases that is annoying nut understandable.
In this case it is unforgivable for such a big company and rude, because people already bought the product, and the promises was a part in the buying decision.
People need to be able to trust a big company, and this shows you can't even depend on the market leader in cellphones! (a very bad and arrogant attitude of Nokia)
For the Internet Tablet product it is even more a bad call: It is based on open source software, and that depends on open communication about changes in software. Nokia doesn't even tell the community that there is a delay, that is good communication skills!

If a new game console is released with the promise of a lot of cool games to be released for Christmas, and people buy it because of that, they WILL feel very badly when all games are delayed without even a mention.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK

why not 30/06?
The majority of OS 2006 and OS 2007 releases have occurred on a Friday.

Although I would really like the update to come today, I understand that it's not always possible to meet deadlines in the software world. What surprises me is that Nokia seems to be mute in terms of any mention of when an update is due. And as mentioned above, if the update does not come out today or tomorrow, I am saddened that they didn’t see fit to say “Sorry but we’re not going to make our promise of Skype in the first half of 2007.

Anyway, that is my only criticism. I love the n800 and think they have done a good job with it so far and look forward to seeing further improvements to help this platform grow.