Notices

Originally Posted by Frasier View Post
Folks, just saw this in the newspaper - relevant extract cut and pasted below ... is the end of the N900 nigh? ...

Instant messaging application WhatsApp plans to discontinue support for its service on older smartphone systems such as BlackBerry and Nokia.

In a blog post on the weekend, WhatsApp said it will kill support for its app on the following operating systems by the end of 2016: BlackBerry (including BlackBerry 10), Nokia S40, Nokia Symbian S60, Android 2.1 and Android 2.2 and Windows Phone 7.1.
Facebook is dropping software development for legacy devices in regards to the WhatsApp application.

Yappari is a community maintained project that is not related to Facebook or WhatsApp besides communicating with the same network.

The Following User Says Thank You to Freddi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Freddi View Post
Facebook is dropping software development for legacy devices in regards to the WhatsApp application.

Yappari is a community maintained project that is not related to Facebook or WhatsApp besides communicating with the same network.
I think if you read the blog post I linked above you will find the intent is more than stopping development. They in fact write you will not be able to use Whatsapp on those devices.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 180 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ New Delhi, DELHI, INDIA
Will this be a major problem for future development of yappari?

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
sorry guys,
but some days when the application crashes and reopen, whatsapp asks me all the time recording the number ... all works well, as long as the application does not come back to crash...
I'm the only?

Originally Posted by incrys View Post
sorry guys,
but some days when the application crashes and reopen, whatsapp asks me all the time recording the number ... all works well, as long as the application does not come back to crash...
I'm the only?
Try reinstalling the latest version of the application. Once you have logged in and configured Yappari, manually exit it to ensure it saves settings to file, maybe even reboot your phone afterwards.

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 90 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bologna
it isn't a solution...

i've just created a new group and added a few members. after its creation, the application crashed, and i am not able to launch it anymore - it crashes right after starting - i get a "Connection closed by server" message at the bottom and it immediately crashes - how can i fix/find the cause for this?

i don't know if this is related, but before it happened i tried to change the subject a few times.

[Update]
i am trying to connect from an android device with same number and getting: "Your phone number is banned from using WhatsApp. Contact support for help."

wow... is this solvable?

Last edited by impeham; 2016-03-17 at 10:38.

Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
you're blocked. sorry.

it's a known problem ...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Same here. But didnt get my number blocked as im using whataspp with that in my BB. Ill try with a new one just to check if it still runs.. coz it crashes a lot.. Any fixes we expecting soon?

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Sorry, there's no planned release yet. But latest version is quite stable and the thing with lost encrypted messages seems to be more or less manageable... a few messages may get lost, but that phenomenon seems to be decreasing.

If you want to donate, please read this. If you still want to donate, contact me via private message or email. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post:

Tags
whatsapp, yappari