Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Lets progress this topic also a little.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
some progress...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbXSQx54NJE

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
This one really looks freaking awesome Kimmoli. I mean, the other OH you've done/developped/planned are awesome, but this eInk is by far the most anticipated for me. Can't wait (and can't help imagining a larger display).

Don't forget to count me in when you're at this step of the process.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
btw, how do I register my interest to purchase one when it's ready?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick line...

Any news?..

Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I've seen it and held it in my hands, looks really professional.
Only one thing I'd liked more, is for the eINK-panel to be larger, now it is only about half the size of the Jolla backplate

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Though bigger is better, personally I wouldn't be too fussed by a small screen - the volume buttons are just about perfectly where your fingers / thumb (depending on hand) fall, so if you can get them to flip pages in an e-book, I am 100% sold!

edit - Yay! My first thanks from Wikiwide. I'd like to thank the academy, and my parents...

Last edited by MikeHG; 2015-01-07 at 17:09.

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeHG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 229 | Thanked: 725 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Permanent cruiser - either water- or motorways
Please tell the world that you already finished all the basic work and that we can order this TOH in March (or April) ...
I would buy one ...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elastic For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by kimmoli View Post
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Bad news, it may remove one of the most interesting features of the eInk screen (yet difficult to achieve), the ability to send anything to this screen (after resizing as you said) to save energy. In 2.7", it will be limited. Notifications would still be really useful, and I still want one.

What about 3.5"?

eInk screen "E-Paper GDE035A3": http://www.aliexpress.com/item/E-ink...570825797.html, $ 28 US.
Have to check that out, thanks.
Any news on these 3.5" screens Kimmo? 3.5" would hugely broaden the possibilities of an eInk display, as compared to the 2.7" prototype.

Toheink is still most anticipated TOH after the keyboard, hope you've not abandonned the project. By the way, as you belong to the glorious trio of tohkbd, it might be awesome if the OH could be compatible with the magnet-tohkbd half, so that one could easily swap keyboard and eInk without removing the battery cover.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Any news on these 3.5" screens Kimmo?
Feel very free to search the hashweb for affordable separately available 3.5"e-ink displays!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
eink screen, the other half