Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Monday, I suppose I'm not a beta tester.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Apologies if it was mentioned and I missed it, but any comment from anyone who been hands-on on the weight of the Pro1?

I can't say I much care, unless it's got a depleted uranium core it won't be enough to put me off, but I recall the figure was TBD at the beginning and I haven't noticed anyone mention it recently.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Apologies if it was mentioned and I missed it, but any comment from anyone who been hands-on on the weight of the Pro1?

I can't say I much care, unless it's got a depleted uranium core it won't be enough to put me off, but I recall the figure was TBD at the beginning and I haven't noticed anyone mention it recently.
Heavier than iPhone X. Probably the exact information will be released with the phone.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DDark View Post
Heavier than iPhone X. Probably the exact information will be released with the phone.
Only probably?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Only probably?
Maybe earlier

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
any comment from anyone who been hands-on on the weight of the Pro1?
Here's a comment from a few months ago on the F(x)tec forum (grain of salt included for your convenience):

½ pound, afaik. I do not know why the specs does not tell the weight. My GUESS is that some details can yet be adjusted, so they wont promise an exact weight.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Monday, I suppose I'm not a beta tester. https://reho.st/forum-images.hardwar...abbernaute.gif
Might as well buy the beta device. If they're finalizing hardware, I guess beta testing at this point would only focus on software

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
I guess most members of this forum would be itching to install SFOS at the first opportunity (and maybe to feel vaguely icky about using an Android device ) so we probably aren't in the main ideal candidates for beta testing.

Last thing Chen needs in the first beta testing group is a bunch of hackers who are predisposed to hate the OS

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
Last thing Chen needs in the first beta testing group is a bunch of hackers who are predisposed to hate the OS
That was what I was thinking as well for quite a while.

Fact is, there are people on TMO that use Android (and you might even find some that want it ).
Having it imposed at work is probably a big part of those that switched, though there may be people that are not tech-savvy enough to find/revive/use those devices or yore that we covet here on TMO (after my N900s died on me, I had to resort to buying a BlackBerry... with BBOS, mind you... no full-fledged Android for me, no sir !)
You can't also dismiss the fact that nowadays people are very partial to social networks and the whole there's-an-app-for-everything lunacy, and those are harder (if at all possible) to achieve on our cherished devices of the golden age, while it's the bread-and-butter of Android and iOS.

Lastly, I'd surmise people just want to get their grubby hands on the Pro1 ASAP, OS notwithstanding

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by British View Post
Fact is, there are people on TMO that use Android (and you might even find some that want it ).
The horror, the horror

I don't disagree with the facts as you state them at all, I was just pointing out why being a TMO member might not make one more likely to be selected in the beta group, perhaps even the opposite.
If you're beta testing for obscure bugs in your main OS, then don't select users who are likely to be (a) more interested in some other OS, and (b) preconditioned to not be bothered by minor bugs in apps (because they are entirely used to nothing being quite ready for the big time).

And as for your last point, well, I will have to plead guilty as charged

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit