Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago, IL
Does the links from Claesbas not work for anyone else?

Claesbas, you need help hosting them? I'd love to throw your dark maemo video on my device, but I can't seem to find a working link!

Thanks!

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Chapbass View Post
Does the links from Claesbas not work for anyone else?

Claesbas, you need help hosting them? I'd love to throw your dark maemo video on my device, but I can't seem to find a working link!

Thanks!
Hmh, server has not been down... they are on my server which is running 24/7.. it should be fine

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Making boot videos is fun and easy

Here is my first one : Saw
Im a fan of saw, so i thought this would be a fun one

Here is the link :
sawboot

Last edited by OptX; 2010-02-21 at 01:39. Reason: Added Link

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Haha nice one, though that's pretty scary. I should find the parameters for the boot video (as in what's the size, and FPS allowed) and then put one on my N900. I have the perfect one.

Is there any requirements for duration? I'm thinking of making one out of V's speech near the end to Mr. Creedy, about how ideas are bulletproof.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
@ claesbas...
Just got around to replacing the kinda corny Nokia 'Hands' with your flyby, which seems much more appropriate to the device. Simple 'cp' command to get it in the right place, quick edit with vim of the default.conf file and done. Very nice. Just wanted to say thanks.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Haha nice one, though that's pretty scary. I should find the parameters for the boot video (as in what's the size, and FPS allowed) and then put one on my N900. I have the perfect one.

Is there any requirements for duration? I'm thinking of making one out of V's speech near the end to Mr. Creedy, about how ideas are bulletproof.
Im a noob in making such things. Many Saw videos i tryed did not play full, they stopped streaming before the real avi file was finnished. I had problems at the end where "The game has ....." is. The vid was more then 10 sec., and it froze the last seconds. Audio was running till the end. I cut of so much, that im in that 10 sec. frame, and it went through.
I have no idea if it has something to do with 10 sec. , or if i did something wrong. The video was in 320x240. Bitrate for audio 192.

The Following User Says Thank You to OptX For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hastings, East Sussex, UK
Originally Posted by OptX View Post
Making boot videos is fun and easy

Here is my first one : Saw
Im a fan of saw, so i thought this would be a fun one
Do you have a download link??

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
claesbas: very nice work. Some awesome options there!

I notice that these are progressively longer, and i'm wondering how that affects the boot time. Does a longer video delay the bootup or is the system booting while playing the video?

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
How can I copy the movie in the /usr/share/hildon-welcome/media?? If I try it the system tell my "access denied". I try it with the GPE File Manager.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
You have to have superuser/root privileges. Install rootsh and type "root" in the xterm first, and be aware that doing anything as root is dangerous.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Tags
boot video, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, n900, startup video, video, yd config