All of us have prolly used the freeware FileZ for managing files. For more advanced management, including a very well thought interface, you can use UniCMD, which is also free. UniCMD is excellent for managing files between RAM and card. I haven't used it much on the Garnet emulator.

I've tried out Resco Explorer, and it's worth the $30 price to me. I think it's biggest selling feature for GVM users is that it does an excellent job of connecting and mapping Windows shares, or in my case, Samba shares. It will save a password, so that browsing shares is very much identical to browsing local files.

This means that installing/moving files is much easier, especially for those launching via a shortcut. Simply find the .prc/.pdb files on the share, and copy them to RAM.

Another thing that it does is that it will synchronize directories; however, I haven't gotten this to work properly for remote backups. The issue is that when comparing local and remote directories, Resco ignores the file extension locally while observing it remotely. This means that it determines that identical files are different if the remote file has an extension. I have a feeling that Resco will fix this. the synchronization feature is new, and they have active development.

On the other hand, it's easy to do manual backups to a network share. I did a full copy of RAM to a remote share. I kludge an incremental backup by using a filter that filters RAM files modified during the past few days, and then I copy them to the share. It's very quick. I've posted this as a question in the Resco Forums.