Active Topics

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
I am looking for a how-to or any kind of help for installing ubuntu on my n810.

Mojo-project looks really good and it has many ubuntu-mobile packages already compiled. The armv6l-vfp version is also "made to run" with TI OMAP processors, so i think it can be liitlebit faster than debian.

Right now i am following 770 deblet-install-guide.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
There's no easy way and it's going to be a lot of pain .. It's not directly easy to get things going really The deblet sources are a good source to get things going, but does require some knowledge about how things work :P
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Of course i will use lot of deblet packages to make ubuntu bootable, etc... I just need to --force-architechture them.

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
Yeah, except it's not always that simple :P I did the Ubuntu thing earlier this week and you might need to edit a couple of things, - Upstart erases all environment variables pre-init and such, so my scripts act up.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post: