I have noticed a feature I consider missing. Ive found out that if Ive received some new emails, and I havent checked my device in a while, the device firstly doesnt indicate this with the LED lights, and it doesnt pop up in the task manager either. The only way for me to check if I have received emails is to actually go to the inbox it self. Most of the time it works just fine, but Ive found that when I have received alot of mails especially, it doesnt tell me.

Anyone else experienced similar issues?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Not personally... what sort of e-mail account is it? Are you using POP3 or IMAP?

There's a couple of ways this can happen, first, if you turn off email notifications, it'll stop blinking. Secondly, if you set up a "peak hours" (at least for the Exchange accounts) it only checks during those hours for mail. Great for leaving work at work!

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ chicag0land.
i noticed this problem as well, and i only use gmail. i will get sporadic email notifications, but after a while i will go check my inbox and find new emails i wasn't notified of. any ideas on how to fix this?

while i'm here, anyone else not see a way to email/share webpages from the browser? or am i missing something?

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ WA, USA
I would love to have this feature as well for both email (per account?) & SMS notification as icons next (near) battery meter.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Using the email programme configure for my revdkathy mail, I find that if there is new email, the little squares in the top left (menu) turn to the single square (something is open) when there's new mail. If I click on that it will tell me that it's email, and a second click takes me to the email inbox.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by tokuro View Post
I would love to have this feature as well for both email (per account?) & SMS notification as icons next (near) battery meter.
I'd prefer having those on the "slide to unlock" screen with time and date on it. Missed calls etc should show up there as well. That way you'd always be just one click away from a summary of what you've missed, and not have to unlock the screen to see it.