Active Topics

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
Haven't had a lot of pleasure out of update 10 yet, on the contrary .
Same here, amen! <insert a sad-faced smiley>

Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
An hour later I wanted to continue the email: email closed, no draft saved. Work gone.
Wasn't u10 supposed to save drafts automatically? This may be a bug.
On a related note, if the OOM killer is going to be so strict, it may be worth pointing out to Jolla which applications aren't saving its state properly before closing.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Please, no! I don't want apps to save its state; leave that to Android. I want apps to run until I close them. When we start discussion about saving the state of apps we do not intend to close, then we can forget about having any real multitasking, because "why do you want to run the app when it will be restored to the state where you left once you open it again" will become the first argument against complains about the lack of multitasking.

EDIT: That of course doesn't apply to saving message/e-mail drafts on app's exit.
And don't give me wrong, saving the state of apps can be a nice thing, but I think that the OOM's behavior must be fixed first. If an app opens on the same page where I (not OOM) closed it, I'll be quite happy.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nodevel View Post
EDIT: That of course doesn't apply to saving message/e-mail drafts on app's exit.
And don't give me wrong, saving the state of apps can be a nice thing, but I think that the OOM's behavior must be fixed first. If an app opens on the same page where I (not OOM) closed it, I'll be quite happy.
Well, this was my point really. State per se can be defined widely. The browser already "remembers" last open tabs and what I suggest that Jolla does with the email client is not too different to what Thunderbird does for desktop.

OOM is another subject and discussed in another thread in more detail - OOM killer must be there and must kill applications, else we go back to the times of Linux kernel 2.2 where the whole OS would crash if you run out of memory. This happens in desktop too, tuning is another matter IMO.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
When you open browser in landscape and and start typing url all the urls are visible under the keyboard. Jolla must fix that. When not in landscape you can atleast click one which is enough much better and basically enough. Scrolling is not the solution here.

suggestions...
1. Search field background could be thinner to get urls closer to top.
2. Too much unused space at the top of keyboard. Remove it or place best matching url right there.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2014-12-31 at 09:33.

I find current spontaneous OOM killings too intrusive and erratic. It leaves me guessing if an app crashed or wtf is happening. Lucky there is a way to shut it off, which i did and enjoy update 10 a lot better.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to veeall For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by veeall View Post
I find current spontaneous OOM killings too intrusive and erratic. It leaves me guessing if an app crashed or wtf is happening. Lucky there is a way to shut it off, which i did and enjoy update 10 a lot better.
Can you provide a good guide for this (to prevent this jolla stupidity)?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
When you open browser in landscape and and start typing url all the urls are visible under the keyboard. Jolla must fix that. When not in landscape you can atleast click one which is enough much better and basically enough. Scrolling is not the solution here.

suggestions...
1. Search field background could be thinner to get urls closer to top.
2. Too much unused space at the top of keyboard. Remove it or place best matching url right there.
Related question on TJC: https://together.jolla.com/question/...andscape-mode/

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by veeall View Post

Originally Posted by andreas1 View Post
Can you provide a good guide for this (to prevent this jolla stupidity)?
I would also like to know.

theres a thread on here that has a patch, messing with a few values stops the OOM killing

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience