Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by EasternPA View Post
I have the same formatting scheme for the internal card, but I don't have an external card. Thanks for the tip about the non-market apps. I checked it, but still, no luck bringing up the app directory.
Missing external card is'n a problem. External card inside while tring to boot is.
So far, i have had to take external card out to get the nitdroid boot up. (Might be my shitty SD, it was cheap and it acts sometimes weird)

Hey Solca, great stuff man, keep up the good work.

As for phone branch vs MID branch, I would vote for sticking with the MID branch and uploading patches to Google. If they are reasonable options (like screen lock and power button) patches then they should be accepted. I'll try and chip in where I can with patches Solca, but I'm a bit slammed with a couple of other projects at the moment.

I just think that this would be the best community to kick start the MID support, rather than hoping that some Android based MID comes out. Also companies will be more likely to build MID devices if they see a working MID android (wifi + wimax + voip > w-cdma). Branching off of Google's phone branch to create our own could fragment the android MID community, and being as small as it is, I think that would be not so great a thing to do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stelleg151 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Thanks Solca for your work.

Is this version installable on 770 ?
Any particular thing to do diferently from the N8x0 install ?

Posts: 1,348 | Thanked: 1,863 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ fr/35/rennes
Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Thanks Solca for your work.

Is this version installable on 770 ?
check this specific thread on nidroid+n770 :

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...770#post259170

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Thanks I already checked this thread but I was wondering if anybody tried the 0.4 release on a 770 ?

anyone planning on making the installation process a bit more userfriendly.

The Following User Says Thank You to miind For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by miind View Post
I think the biggest issue here is figuring out how the internal card is detected by the installation host when the USB is attached. Apparently Ubuntu sees the card as /dev/sdc but for me on CentOS, the card was detected as /dev/sda. And does it register as a different scsi device if the usb cable is connected to a different usb port? With all of the different distros out there and kernel module options, I don't think there's an easy way to tell which scsi device is the tablet. Perhaps do an fdisk -l and look for the only 2GB scsi drive? Is there something in proc that shows the vendor of each attached drive?

I'm waiting for approval to formally host the project at a community development site. Once that gets up and running, perhaps we can get some more visibility and start up an installer sub-project. I know someone who knows dialog. Its just a matter of getting his time. As I've said before, my ultimate goal is to publish a bootable USB key for each release.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by EasternPA View Post
Is there something in proc that shows the vendor of each attached drive?
Yes, here is my random listscsi script I used for something similar before (maybe there is better solution)
Code:
#!/bin/sh
for i in /sys/class/scsi_host/host*/device/target*/*:* ; do
echo  -n `for d in $i/block/sd* ; do basename $d ; done`
echo -n "|$((`cat $i/block/size`/2/1000/1000))GB|"
echo `cat $i/vendor $i/model $i/rev`
done
Sample output:
Code:
# ./listscsi
sda1 sda2 sda3 sda4|143GB|SEAGATE ST3146707LW D702
sdb1|390GB|WDC WD40 00AAKB-00UKA0 1N01
sdc1|312GB|ST332062 0A 0000

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Maryland
Originally Posted by miind View Post
Could not agree more. I love reading these threads and seeing the progress, but I have no clue whats being said about 75% of the time. Lol.

Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Yes, here is my random listscsi script I used for something similar before
Excellent. Once the site gets approved I plan to go through all 50-60 pages of the various nitdroid threads and assemble the most useful, and still relevant, information. I'm sure this will prove handy in the early stages of development of the installer.

Tags
android, nitdroid, release