Active Topics

Poll: Has your N900 have a microphone issue?
Poll Options
Has your N900 have a microphone issue?

Hi guys. Because I read from a lot of other threads that a lot of people have a problem with N900's microphone I thought making a thread so people who own an N900 can tell us if they have this issue or not.
If the majority has this problem then we might pick another phone.
You can't have a phone which you can't use it to communicate with others.

Please stick to the microphone issue and don't start saying other disadvantages and advantages of N900.
Thanx

Last edited by Berluys; 2009-11-29 at 10:16.

Or - they could use the thread that is already about Mic issues. Please merge this
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
We already have a dedicated thread for this problem, which you know perfectly well since you started it. Why are you starting another?

Please post here

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
love this thread.

Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
We already have a dedicated thread for this problem, which you know perfectly well since you started it. Why are you starting another?

Please post here
Just curious if I'm missing something clever -- I can't see that the OP:s are the same in this thread and the other?

Well in the other thread you can't actually know how many people have this problem cause there are so many comments. I made this thread so owners can tell us if they have this problem or not. In the other thread I can't really understand if most of the people have this problem (microphone issue). If you guys do well just tell me and I will merge or delete this thread.

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
If you are going to start another thread, it'd probably be best if it at least had a poll.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
My apologies for confusing you with the starter of the other thread, Berluys (I had too many wndows open!)

I was under the impression that all the microphone issues were happening in the other thread, including some suggestions for solutions. There's a risk of dilution (and people cross-posting to no purpose) if we have too many threads.

I'd love to know what proportion of the output of n900s have the problem. So far as I can gather none of the pre-production models have had a permanent problem though some have been rebooted or reflashed for microphone issues. Also some people seem to suffer from this intermittently, suggesting it is about drivers rather than hardware.

BTW, mine is fine so far.

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Johnx View Post
If you are going to start another thread, it'd probably be best if it at least had a poll.
Here is your poll!

The Following User Says Thank You to Berluys For This Useful Post:
It is good to see that more and more people are voting NO in the Poll