Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Hi community,

Ever wanted to play Yahtzee, Warhammer or Dungeons & Dragons but don't have enough dice arround? This app is the solution.

I've created a small app which I want to share with all of you. With this app you basically "throw" dice. You're able to add any number of dice with any number of eyes and generate a random outcome for all of them.

You can turn on the Shake functionality which allows you to shake your device to generate a random outcome. It's gimmicky, but you might like it.

The user interface is very simple. If anyone would want to create a more flashy one then please give a sign.

The app is created with QtCreator on Windows.

On the project page you can find the binary, screenshots as well as the source code
Project page: https://garage.maemo.org/projects/dicer/

I hope you find it useful.
Attached Images

Last edited by Willem Liu; 2010-09-17 at 13:13. Reason: Updated deb file

The .deb install file is now optified. The binary will be saved in /opt/dicer/bin/

Hi Willem,
me again. After you've created the perfect shopping list for me in less than one day. I just wanted to look, how the other app of you look.
Until now I've used DiceJinni for rolling the dices.
Don't know which one is the better one. Both are simple and both are doing the things which they should do (without eye candy).
Why don't make a yatzee-game for the N900? Can't be so much more work (not that I really know from what i am talking). And there isn't yet one in the repositories afaik.

Originally Posted by Popanz View Post
Hi Willem,
me again. After you've created the perfect shopping list for me in less than one day. I just wanted to look, how the other app of you look.
Until now I've used DiceJinni for rolling the dices.
Don't know which one is the better one. Both are simple and both are doing the things which they should do (without eye candy).
Why don't make a yatzee-game for the N900? Can't be so much more work (not that I really know from what i am talking). And there isn't yet one in the repositories afaik.
It's a good suggestion. I'm currently thinking about my next project. I'll put your suggestion on the list as well for when I start looking for my next project to do.

Version 0.3.5

You can now turn on the Shake functionality which allows you to shake your device to generate a random outcome. It's gimmicky, but you might like it.
Attached Images