Notices

Why is fapman looking for an internet connection when uninstalling a package?

The package I was uninstalling seems to have uninstalled correctly anyway.

The Following User Says Thank You to chill For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Good question. But it's not fapman's behaviour as far as I can see, it's the underlying dpkg who does. It also happens when uninstalling a packet via commandline and I cannot see any reason for that.

Posts: 601 | Thanked: 549 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Redditch, UK
help?!

--- 2011-04-10 15:24:07 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -q update -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts=""

~lots of HIT & GET no issues here~

Hit https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Packages
Fetched 594B in 7s (80B/s)
Reading package lists...
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /opt/fapman-cache/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Anyone got any ideas what happened here? Help appreciated...

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
help?!

--- 2011-04-10 15:24:07 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -q update -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts=""

~lots of HIT & GET no issues here~

Hit https://downloads.maemo.nokia.com ./ Packages
Fetched 594B in 7s (80B/s)
Reading package lists...
E: Encountered a section with no Package: header
E: Problem with MergeList /opt/fapman-cache/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Anyone got any ideas what happened here? Help appreciated...
The Packages file is corrupt - I've no idea how this happens, but it seems to crop up occasionally. I'd suggest deleting the file (rm /opt/fapman-cache/lists/repository.maemo.org_extras-devel_dists_fremantle_free_binary-armel_Packages) and re-running the update.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
I have said this earlier but something fishy is going on with rotate functionality. Sometimes when I start app it starts in portrait and stays in portrait even n900 is in landscape. All other apps are in landscape when I minimize it. Have to do rotate thing again or open keyboard to put it in landscape.

Posts: 896 | Thanked: 978 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Greece, Athens
sorry guys. wrong thread

Last edited by HELLASISGREECE; 2011-04-11 at 11:47.

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
is it possible to have the date field shown directly in the package lists? it would make for a great "what's new since last time i checked" browsing.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
is it possible to have the date field shown directly in the package lists? it would make for a great "what's new since last time i checked" browsing.
Try rearranging a list "by date". It's not the same but i think will do the trick:P

Posts: 132 | Thanked: 148 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Tallinn, Estonia
well yes thats exactly what im doing, but it is impossible to accurately know whats new that way. i mean how do you keep version numbers of 1000 applications in your head. i thought thats what computers were for :->. if you could know the timestamp of the newest package that you looked at today then a few weeks later you have a roundabout idea how much back it makes sense to go.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by lkravovicz View Post
well yes thats exactly what im doing, but it is impossible to accurately know whats new that way. i mean how do you keep version numbers of 1000 applications in your head. i thought thats what computers were for :->. if you could know the timestamp of the newest package that you looked at today then a few weeks later you have a roundabout idea how much back it makes sense to go.
Another way to do that is go to

www.my-maemo.com/

and click on Software Catalog.

It lists the latest software.