Posts: 87 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
I sincerely hope gstreamer-1.0 fixes will land to SF2.0 (praise the devs if they do it).

The Following User Says Thank You to tangent For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
I wanted to say that when the tablet comes out it should have a good browser. Yes, I know that the OS itself is not tied with the browser but one can expect a good browser on SFOS 2.0 Tablet.
Webpirate is showing some web sites incorrectly. Thats why I have to use the native browser.

Open this http://www.eksote.fi/fi/terveyspalve...t/default.aspx
with WebPirate. It does not scale the page correctly.
Have you tried using the different user agents? It takes less than 5 seconds to change. It's extremely rare that one of them won't render either optimally or acceptably on WebPirate ... and quite the opposite on SF Browser (where there's no choice of user agent).

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Maybe report web pirate bugs somewhere where the developer expects those? Hardly OT here

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
SailfishOS and Sailfish Browser are different things and not tied to each other.
You mean they SHOULD be separate things. Judging by Jolla's track record of doing updates in the past, they see the OS and all stock applications as one big, monolithic block.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
You mean they SHOULD be separate things. Judging by Jolla's track record of doing updates in the past, they see the OS and all stock applications as one big, monolithic block.
nothing stops you from uninstalling browser, this is not internet explorer, how they manage updates is irrelevant (there used to be nightly build of browser on open repos, seems abandoned atm)

The Following User Says Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
nothing stops you from uninstalling browser, this is not internet explorer, how they manage updates is irrelevant (there used to be nightly build of browser on open repos, seems abandoned atm)
That wasn't maintained by Jolla AFAIK. That was when the Browser's source repositories had been updated, but we were in the 5 month gap between updates, so community members (forget who) started updating the code.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
That wasn't maintained by Jolla AFAIK. That was when the Browser's source repositories had been updated, but we were in the 5 month gap between updates, so community members (forget who) started updating the code.
I believe it was coderus, but don't quote me on that, still, SFOS is NOT tied to it (it probably is tied to the latest qt version, but not the other way around)

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 80 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
Have you tried using the different user agents? It takes less than 5 seconds to change. It's extremely rare that one of them won't render either optimally or acceptably on WebPirate ... and quite the opposite on SF Browser (where there's no choice of user agent).
I have tried with all the possible user agents. It won't help.

Originally Posted by Kake41 View Post
I have tried with all the possible user agents. It won't help.
I suspect that means there's a problem with the website, then. Webkit (particularly mobile version AFAIK) is more standards compliant than Gecko these days.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
No it's really not. Webkit is becoming the nowadays Internet Explorer actually.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post: