Hi,
I left my N900 1 year ago and still miss it a lot.
Thing is that I needed something more modern. Browse, receive/send some mms, use telegram, signal etc. (SFos native, no android)
So I jumped into SFOS with an XA2. I have to say it is really cool and for the most part, 'just works'.
What I miss the most, though, is the keyboard for the editing ease with things like ctrl-c, ctrl-a etc. Not being able to select text on a web page or forum (e.g. this exactly frame) is a real pain. Appart that, it's great.

I might have a keyboard for you. But am not at home. I'll check when I come back next week.

Last edited by ric9K; 2023-01-03 at 16:33. Reason: Typos

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I think I do. If you do not hear me in few days remind me. Started on a new job in the beginning of last year and have not have time for things I would love to do.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
Congrats on the new Job @Maemish

The Following User Says Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
14 years fixing wood work and metal tools and machines in schools in Finland, 10 years same eight schools each week, going for coffee to same cafeterias or kiosks, eating lunch at same restaurants. It was mentally disabling cause no challenge. New job has been only challenge and learning to master new areas in life non stop. Exhausting but still I prefer this one atleast now. Many times almost quit.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Congrats, I think I see what you mean. 30 years of new situations and new challenges. Never had a repetitive work/place. But as you say, exhausting.
I sometimes dream of such a resting, monotonous and reassuring job !
Grass is always greener at neibourgh's garden :-)
Pure indiscression and curiosity: In what matter is your new job?

The Following User Says Thank You to ric9K For This Useful Post:
Working at a freshly started christian rap & hiphop studio. So far job has been different kind of building projects inside 350 square meter mansion building, arranging alarm systems with security firm, arranging new main cables underneath the ground with electricity company and getting new center for electricity, asking offers from 9 firms for changing brick roof to metal one, going them through and overseeing the project, disassembling sauna and bathroom because of waterdamage and then getting drying firm etc. maintanance things, keeping snow of from 150 hill road by hand, co-ordinating to arrange free rap gigs around Finland with different volunteer groups and artists, trying to sync everything with plumber, mastreing room builders, electrician guys, roof guys, electricity company, land builder, ventilation firm for new machine etc.

All this is new to me without any previous knowledge of overseeing or contacting these kinds of firms and boy it has been hard. Firms promise something but never comes back, have to hunt new firms with same results, and water damage issue to handle with insurance company. Have been constant learning but I have learned in one year from different areas concerning building maintanance a lot.

Making 3D plans of these projects and trying to keep up with alarm system when to have it on and when off cause people work in different hours especially with making music and editing music videos etc.

Low salary, no benefits, all the time hurry and a lot of stress. New record label company my friend started in the summer. Everything goes, nothing comes in yet.

The main reason I think was to offer high quality good vibes rap music for young people 'cause gangsta rap has been growing in Finland and with that has come shootings and violence and fear to their lives.

Last edited by Maemish; 2023-01-11 at 06:41.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
But let's stop off topic. Sorry from my side for that. Forget that many times.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
These challenges are interresting, thanks for sharing and your positionning for a common good is also precious.

Yes, back to topic, good occasion to read tjese good news, specially for you who told about it often: Leste.
https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-...uary-2023.html

Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
Sweet Zombie Jesus Maemish!
Ugh!
The goodness is oozing out of you now!
Y'know...that's how you get struck by lightning.
Too much goodness and you'll become a magnet for electrical hazards.

Glad to hear you are happy.

(P.S. - Still plugging away using my n800s, n810s and n900s)

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

The Following User Says Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
2023 still using my N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:

Tags
n900 ftw, pfeifen_im_wald, possibilities, rock on n900