Posts: 213 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit, MI
Hey guys.

I was just wondering what your thoughts were about purchasing an Everex Cloudbook when it is released on 2/15 (This friday)

I dont have a laptop. Just a desktop and an N800. Very pleased with the N800 as I can carry it in my pocket and pop it out at a restaurant or the movie theater wherever I can find wifi. Truly portable. But the cloudbook seems pretty portable as well, maybe for taking it to your parents house or going on a trip and using it in the hotel.

Just curious to see who (if anybody) will buy one.

I won't buy one now, but probably at some point, I'll buy it or one of the other badgings of the same hardware...

There's already a couple relevant threads, for general discussion of said hardware:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=13198
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=16343

Posts: 1,878 | Thanked: 646 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ San Jose, CA
Hm. What kind of Bluetooth will it have? Bluetooth FTP maybe? I wonder if I could shove it in my computer bag and use it as a portable storage space for my N810...

I wish I could find a computer that was like those thin client bricks (just a few inches on each side, so much smaller than a laptop), that had an express card slot (for a WWAN card), could act as a wifi access point (to serve my N810), had bluetooth FTP (again, to serve my N810), had bluetooth DUN (if it can't act as a wifi access point), had space for an SSD (I'd settle for a 2.5" HDD, but I'd prefer SSD), and had a sizable built in battery. Make it rugged for mobility, and give it a couple USB ports and DVI out (for using directly when I'm setting it up, or in those cases where I need something other than my N810), and it'd be perfect.

Or, instead of a brick, something like the Fujitsu U810 would be just about perfect, IF it 100% supported linux (people have had trouble getting a few of its functions to work with ubuntu). I'd settle for having its WWAN via USB in that case.

I'll just have to keep dreaming, I guess.

Last edited by johnkzin; 2008-02-15 at 18:09.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Michigan, USA
I'll buy the first of these compact laptops which has a screen which fills the lid, and has a higher resolution - 1024x600 (widescreen). Gigabyte, amongst others is expected to launch this type of machine later this year...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
I want one too but, I want to make sure that I can use a bt mouse with it, as I don't like the touch pad. I would also prefer a touch screen, Everex says some time in march we will see a touch screen one, so I will wait till then.

I like the concept, but no one has executed a design to my liking. Add me the the list of people waiting for somebody to "get it right".

Originally Posted by ericdkirk View Post
I want one too but, I want to make sure that I can use a bt mouse with it, as I don't like the touch pad. I would also prefer a touch screen, Everex says some time in march we will see a touch screen one, so I will wait till then.
To make sure? how so? I don't see any reason a BT mouse wouldn't work. It's got BT.

Edit: Oops, thinking the other version from the same OEM, I got my threads confused...

But the BT is USB interfaced, and available in the same platform distributed with different badgings, so it should at least be easily addable.

Last edited by Benson; 2008-02-15 at 17:42.

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tennessee, US
Benson
I would love to believe that but since the company making it does not list bt on their list, I have doubts, check it out http://www.everex.com/ , if you can find it on there I will apologize.
Here they talk about the next version having a bt voip phone, but I can't tell if they just missed a comma, I am just waiting for it to be available and get a regular persons review.

EDIT: Just found this it does not list bt either.

Last edited by ericdkirk; 2008-02-15 at 17:32.

Sorry, got confused. Edited my post.