Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
So, this means that in a few days we will find an OS update in the app manager, even if we dont have install the CSSU ?
Could someone answer me pls ?

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
Yes. And you should only update if you do not have CSSU.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vetsin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 55 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Romania
Thaks, thats a great news, so when the update will be in the app manager ? cant hardly wait, the CSSU community is doing a great job.

Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
At least nokia cares about our safety...
But only for Fremantle users.

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by ctl View Post
Thaks, thats a great news, so when the update will be in the app manager ? cant hardly wait, the CSSU community is doing a great job.
Well, without meaning any disrespect for the CSSU team, this update is coming from NOKIA.

CSSU will integrate this patch on their system, which is of course *also* a good thing.

Since I don't use CSSU, all I can say is thank you Nokia!

[BEGIN RANT] perhaps CSSU should focus more on this kind of critical updates or bug fixes of existing tools (e.g. modest, browser), instead of this "obsession" with portrait mode.[END RANT]

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Well, without meaning any disrespect for the CSSU team, this update is coming from NOKIA.

CSSU will integrate this patch on their system, which is of course *also* a good thing.

Since I don't use CSSU, all I can say is thank you Nokia!

[BEGIN RANT] perhaps CSSU should focus more on this kind of critical updates or bug fixes of existing tools (e.g. modest, browser), instead of this "obsession" with portrait mode.[END RANT]
RESPECT for your reading comprehension! This "patch" is already integrated in the CSSU, that's why we don't need to update. You should thank the community, not Nokia, since I bet someone from here influenced Nokia in releasing such a security patch. If Nokia released an update with new features, portrait mode, updated drivers, screen tearing fix, that's when you thank Nokia.

REREAD POST #1

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
We should wait and see!
But I do not believe this update to Nokia

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
I would like to know if we will also have the image of this Update, so that we could directly flash the N900 ???
Thanks.

Originally Posted by msa View Post
so its just a security-update?

or will it come with some new features or ui-updates?
For once and all:
N900 is end of line. :-(

Nokia only delivers one security update and I somehow have the feeling that this is a favour of a tiny group at Nokia.

So thank this group and CSSU-team (I do not use CSSU currently)
and do not spread unnecessary and false rumors.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PMaff For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Will this CSSU update include the other fixes which are stuck on gitorious for over a month (i.e. Qt DigiNotar certificates fix, crashing modest fixes, camera-ui, etc...)

Who and how was contacted by Nokia? Was it the council as a Maemo community representative who was contacted? Or it was someone which has personal relations with Nokians?
The council was contacted and and I was cc'd.
@nokia.com addresses sent the email.
This was over a month ago and we were asked not to go public in case the update didn't happen.

The fixes on gitorious will be in it, yes, a CSSU update is still that.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:

Tags
security