Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
Why is there so much degrading sarcasim on this forum. My goodness grow up. Everytime someone posts some constructive criticism on the N900, everyone says "well just sell it".

The OP said he likes the N900! He just feels nokia coul have done better and messed up the release. I agree 100%!

I saw a lot of advertising for thiis phone and apart from this forum I never read step 4 out of 5. It wasnt advertised this way in public.

I hpe the community keeps up the good work but Nokia clearly has messed up its priorities and sadly its showing in their financials too.

I typed ths on my N900. I love it but its a shame it could be a whole lot better and really powerful beyond what it is.
Sure..i suppose every one could agree that it wasnt the best release but, SO WHAT? this place is already littered with a bunch of threads JUST LIKE THIS ONE! so it's now at the point where its just comical and i apologize if i upset anyone with my comedy. No offense intended. u can complain or try and do something about it. i decided to try and do something about it. if you start a thread like this you should already know what your gonna get in response. Just like if you drop 700+ bucks on a phone you should already know what you are gonna get. unless you have money to blow. in which case what are you complaining for for. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers but we all have a freedom of speech right? So, by all means go ahead and vent. most of us share your pain for many of the same issues but for the most part i think these kinda posts are just a good refreshing way to break away from what can be a sometimes tireless and meticulous attempt to try and make things better.

Believe it or not most of those issues in these kinda threads haev bug reports on them and applications already in maemo.org repositories that do more than suffice. they may not all look as polished atm but they work. and work good. Ok.. i am off to finish learning how to develop. once again sry if i ofended in any way.

Last edited by andraeseus1; 2010-03-20 at 07:28.

The Following User Says Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
omg, seriously... ok, here's my take on this.. wait for at least PR1.2 and if you still don'y like it... sell it... There's always better things coming out... Check out the Nokia X9 that's going to come out with Symbian^3 for example... But otherwise you got to wait more time to see great results with the N900... I got high... VERY high expectations about what's going to happen with the N900 and I always get it right..

So patience my friend is the key here..

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Yes I had high expectations for N900 shouldn't I had? Shouldn't I expect robust device from Nokia? You know this is fifth release of maemo shouldn't it be more mature than it is?

And no I'm not going to sell my N900 to anyone because I ike it, it has the best browser in mobile devices. And it most certanly is usable and there is some nice software available and more coming all the time. I'm just saying that Nokia should have done better job.

BTW. You need GPE calendar for erming. Ofcourse you should have two calendar softwares on your N900. How dumb of me to think that otherwise good nokia calendar app would do the job as you like

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by darthjysky View Post
You know this is fifth release of maemo shouldn't it be more mature than it is?

And no I'm not going to sell my N900 to anyone because I ike it, it has the best browser in mobile devices. And it most certanly is usable and there is some nice software available and more coming all the time. I'm just saying that Nokia should have done better job.
Fifth release doesn't mean it should be more mature. Look at the upcoming Windows Phone 7 OS. It might be "7", but it's definitely not going to be as mature as 6.5. It's actually a whole new OS. Shoudn't even be called Windows. =P Very similar story with Fremantle. Does Maemo5 look like Maemo4? Did Maemo4 have phone capability? It's not a whole new OS but it's quite close from what I've read.

Your comments about you really liking the phone etc just doesn't match up to the harch title of this thread from what I can see. Nokia didn't fail with N900. Definitely not. or even you would have sold it already.

I guess you can say Nokia should have released N900 when it was fully mature as you want it. If so, we might never have seen it released. I'm glad Nokia released it last year and let the community assist in making it the best mobile device out there. It definitely was the right decision imo.

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-03-20 at 09:58.

The Following User Says Thank You to jakiman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
I don't think those issues should be concern of community, those should be fixed by nokia before releasing anything, or atleast much faster pace that they are now having

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by darthjysky View Post
I don't think those issues should be concern of community, those should be fixed by nokia before releasing anything, or atleast much faster pace that they are now having
No software gets released to the public 100% mature.
Bugs were found MUCH quicker becaused it was released to the public earlier.
The more people use it, more bugs you'll find quicker and quicker Nokia will work on them.
This has been the case so far. Hasn't it? I think so.
(1 major and 2 minor updates in past 3 months and 1 more major coming real soon)

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-03-20 at 11:04.

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
i totally agree!! i mean.. this morning i woke up and wanted a cup of coffee. would you believe i had to actually get up and get it my cself? this stupid phone did not lift one finger to brew a single BEAN! HAH! I KNOW, I KNOW, UNBELIEVABLE RIGHT?

So, next i continued on with my day( frustrated with the unbelievably bad job nokia did with this phone) and decided i wanted to give my baby sister a call to check up on her. So i looked at the phone to see if it would start automatically dialing her phone number and again! NOTHING! it's like the telepathy conversion unit didn't even try to connect with my thoughts. who would have thought huh? this is crazy. how useless? Nokia really dropped the ball on this one. at this rate i don't see hwo this phone will ever give us affordable health care and end the war in the middle east. Come on Nokia.. get your act together
Lmfao....yeah right...so funny

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
.. i am off to finish learning how to develop. once again sry if i ofended in any way.
Hi mate, I'm interested in learning how to develop...how do i go about that?

thanx

Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
just look at this community, how is this a fail!

when you jump in to the maemo 5 category a minimum of 400-500 viewers are online!

look at the repos! my root always gets full coz of so many apps that developers' share.

look at the total downloads! men!

i just cant see that this is a fail.

change your title mate! if you have problems! share it!! many people here are willing and more than willing to help!

if you do not want the device, please do not drag somebody else with you.
dude thats still dont change the fact at hand i am willing to bet the n920 will have the same down falls as the n800 n810 and n900, all we want is a polish device really how hard is it for a company to make a good f-ing phone?

The Following User Says Thank You to Sadavyk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
lol this thread reminds me of every iphone update thread. the n900 was the phone that made me give up my iphone...and i was using them before most of uk even heard about it. this phone is a beast and u dnt have to muck around to get basic features. i looked at this device, waited for a few months, read about it then played some more at the shops then got it! i will do same for ipad.

1) people like u will never be satisfied.
2) nokia is in trouble cos their flagship IS the n97.
3)public enemy said "dnt believe the hype"

Tags
bashing thread, cry me a, f*ckin' river, oh geez not another, relax - don't do it