Notices

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I have a problem with the GPS station at OMWeather. So far, I have always had the city of Dresden, where I find myself also record, as a GPS station. Since yesterday, but the city of Usti Nad Labem, a GPS station deposited. How can I change it? Because I had to manually save as current city as a second station, will now always update both. Only takes forever for Usti Nad Labem, or it locks up. How can I reconfigure the GPS station at OMWeather?

GPS station does not update!!!

Last edited by Dr.MZ; 2010-02-09 at 23:25.

Posts: 1,137 | Thanked: 1,903 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Belarus
Originally Posted by Dr.MZ View Post
I have a problem with the GPS station at OMWeather. So far, I have always had the city of Dresden, where I find myself also record, as a GPS station. Since yesterday, but the city of Usti Nad Labem, a GPS station deposited. How can I change it? Because I had to manually save as current city as a second station, will now always update both. Only takes forever for Usti Nad Labem, or it locks up. How can I reconfigure the GPS station at OMWeather?

GPS station does not update!!!
Hi.
This is the bug. Quick fix: deinstall omweather, reboot the device, install omweather again.

Vlad.
P.S. I hope that I will fix it in next stable release of Omweather

Last edited by vasvlad; 2010-02-10 at 08:44.

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York, NY
Hi,
I have the version 24.12 on N900 and encountered the following problems:

* I have set manually 4 stations. A 5th one, GPS, appeared after a while and I cannot take it off. I uninstalled everything several times (OMweather, icons and database), rebooted, reinstalled... My 4 stations and the 5th GPS one are still there. How can I get it of it? I also cannot change any of my first 4 stations to GPS since it's already taken.

* OMWeather won't update most of the time. I have WLAN and GSM selected. I tried every hour, every 4 hours, every day... Works randomly.

Thanks.

Posts: 111 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
please, a waite for a update without the bug problem with the gps station!!!

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
There's a tiny problem I've noticed. I have cleaned all locations except the first one, which I have set manually. Yet I have two locations, the one I set manually and a GPS-location(which is the same location, obviously). Is there any way to remove this GPS-location? It says <city name> (GPS)...

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I created this report: Bug 8424

I've noticed that automatic updates aren't working at all. I have to update it manually but a lot of time it doesn't work (via WLAN and 3G).

Btw, i love this widget, it's really nice looking and i don't want to replace it with Foreca. Nevertheless it doesn't work properly and i hope upcoming updates are going to fix that. Thanks anyways!

Last edited by kopte3; 2010-02-13 at 23:55.

The Following User Says Thank You to kopte3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jujuinla View Post
Hi,
I have the version 24.12 on N900 and encountered the following problems:

* I have set manually 4 stations. A 5th one, GPS, appeared after a while and I cannot take it off. I uninstalled everything several times (OMweather, icons and database), rebooted, reinstalled... My 4 stations and the 5th GPS one are still there. How can I get it of it? I also cannot change any of my first 4 stations to GPS since it's already taken.

* OMWeather won't update most of the time. I have WLAN and GSM selected. I tried every hour, every 4 hours, every day... Works randomly.

Thanks.
You need unload omweather applet before deinstalling of omweather package.

Vlad.

Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
There's a tiny problem I've noticed. I have cleaned all locations except the first one, which I have set manually. Yet I have two locations, the one I set manually and a GPS-location(which is the same location, obviously). Is there any way to remove this GPS-location? It says <city name> (GPS)...
I am going to release version 0.25.2 which will has possibility to change more than 4 stations in configurations window . I hope it will be done today.

Vlad

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
I created this report: Bug 8424

I've noticed that automatic updates aren't working at all. I have to update it manually but a lot of time it doesn't work (via WLAN and 3G).

Btw, i love this widget, it's really nice looking and i don't want to replace it with Foreca. Nevertheless it doesn't work properly and i hope upcoming updates are going to fix that. Thanks anyways!
Hi.
Please try new version 0.25.2 in extras-devel. I have fixed problem with downloading in this version.

Vlad.

The Following User Says Thank You to vasvlad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
I updated it few minutes ago. I'll report you back when i try it for a while.
Btw, if the phone isn't connected at all will the widget automatically connect phone to WLAN or 3G, update the weather and then disconnect it? I didn't notice that at all, but that would be great feature.

Tags
omweather