And this is bliss, the n9 was quick in many ways especially where the browser was concerned but I hated the veryidea that it would redirect me to every mobile site that they di not recognise.

It is also awesome to have a real keyboard back and that I can run man of the desktop programs that I need when I want them too.

Granted the last 3 years have bought some good devices that can run different OS's but nothing compares to my old faithful n900. Damn nokia never had it so good.

Hello again

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Haha! I knew something was missing when you weren't here. Welcome back

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Welcome back and well said.....

Have fun!

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 345 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ MLB.AU
Welcome back

Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
I just oderd a scrap board.

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
As me and the rest of fellows who really touched and expereinced N900 and felt in love with it..... it is by far the best thing ever invented and I wished that more and more support were given to this monster

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I dusted off mine yesterday. It has many beautiful elements but way too slow, opening multiple windows despite CSSU update, still slow. I am addicted to LTE speed now. Put it back in the drawer. Love it but its over. Maybe good for texting or IMing, but not for web serfing. It basically became a dumb phone for me.

I'd use mine a lot more if battery capacity wasn't so limited. Yeah, it's bulky and slow too, but many times just having the KB makes up for those.

Posts: 770 | Thanked: 558 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Abidjan
loool! i'm just using mine for everyday use! after using the Galaxy Nexus for a while, the N900 is just unique. Texting, listenning to music, browsing web. The only thing i'm missing is a descent map/gps solution like google maps, which could calculate distances and other stuff like that (english is soooo hard). i'm also missing dictionnaries (french-english).
Except those things, the N900 is just THE phone. Nothing else. It maybe outdated but with some effort, some could be able to port latest linux stuffs like firefox

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Boemien View Post
i'm also missing dictionnaries (french-english).
Have you looked at MStarDict?