Active Topics

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
I have one and an half N900, but it's too old hard/soft/ware for me. I'm currently on a J1.

I'm not sure a 8 year old distribution is very insterresting if you want to start computer security. There are linux and android distributions more modern for this.

The Following User Says Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Btw, we can run Maemo Leste on Fxtec pro1 eventually, even if without mainline (though mainline is not impossible either with enough interest to the device from capable people). postmarketOS runs with hybris, but I need to find time to package lots of newer Leste components for postmarketOS.
Maemo Leste would be dank AF on the Pro1, especially if they port or reverse engineer osso-notes!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
@shaihkritzer: I read the signature but it did not mention any other than N900, even though it was dead. Thought you may have purchased another one. Have to check N93i. Not familiar with that.

There would now be one Psion Revo Plus for 35€ which I have thought. Cheaper than Gemini PDA but would look the same. My friend has also praised Nokia 9500 communicator to be awesome.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
Oh, no no no, I don't think we can say this is an Android only device. There is an unofficial Sailfish OS for him.
I can confirm for bootloader, instead of "unlockable", it's "unlocked" with factory state, so there is no need to manually unlock it. In theory you don't even need to boot into Android, just press vol - and power key to get to bootloader and do whatever you like.

I am working with team to upload restore firmware and tutorial for getting into bootloader etc...

The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I can confirm for bootloader, instead of "unlockable", it's "unlocked" with factory state, so there is no need to manually unlock it. In theory you don't even need to boot into Android, just press vol - and power key to get to bootloader and do whatever you like.
This is awesome.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
This is awesome.
The same !

PS : here, we were page ~275 and now 266, with the ban of our toy, we can noticed we had around 9 pages of trolling writen from him

EDIT : yeah !! it looks like the posting toy will come here agin ! He will continue his unique purpose of distracting us (I hope he has understood that once we will have our Pro1, he will given to a poor child without toys). I should have taken a screenshot of his last post, it was priceless

Last edited by Astaoth; 2019-11-04 at 22:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astaoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Astaoth View Post
The same !

PS : here, we were page ~275 and now 266,
I saw 282 pages...

I am working with team to upload restore firmware and tutorial for getting into bootloader etc...
I am happy to hear that, thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:

Thank you for this info, this is great!

Does anyone know if dualboot with Android + something else is possible ?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcdinner For This Useful Post:
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by mcdinner View Post

A similar system to partitions as Planet Computers has for the Gemini, full gui with easy OS selection and disk resizing would be amazing, but any option id take

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to electristan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mcdinner View Post
It is theoretically possible but is not something that has been implemented so far. There are two main issues:

1. It will require repartition of the device. Android encrypts the largest partition known as userdata, so it can not be used to store the alternative OS and a separate partition needs to be created like it was done on Gemini PDA.
2. Bootloader modifications to provide minimal boot menu and ability to boot from alternate boot partition (at least for dual-boot).

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit