Notices

Originally Posted by percy View Post
Hmm, could it be that you are in offline mode?
Looks like a reboot was needed for it to start to work. Another mystery solved.

Great Widget.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Really like the widget! The style is very nice; no more alien widgets I tried the same with the FM RDS notify widget, but this is much better.
Fm boost would be nice indeed for people that don't want to fiddle with system files, though i prefer the modified fmtxd version.
Is it possible to change the RDS text? would be a nice addition ^^

How would this be integrated in the UI? You need an easy way to store a frequency as preset, manage presets and select a preset. Hard to imagine a solution on such a small widget.

Managing could be done in the settings but selecting a preset must be quick and easy.

Maybe via an options menu accessible when in desktop editing mode (FM RDS Notify also does it that way for its options). There you can store 2 frequencies. In the widget simply add a circle next to the on/off button with number 1 or 2 inside. So you have four fields in the lower row:

Last edited by johnny_knoe; 2011-03-03 at 22:11.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Seatle, WA
Hello and welcome to Friendly FM

What is it?

Friendly FM is a widget that allows to switch the FM transmitter of the N900 on or off. It can also be used to quickly change the current frequency of the transmitter and to switch the Bluetooth radio. (Bluetooth is switched by clicking on the Bluetooth icon.)

How does it differ from other widgets with the same functionality?

Friendly FM uses the background graphics for the media player widget from the current theme for itself. Thus not locking like an 'alien' widget on the desktop but rather being friendly and looking like a native widget.

Friendly FM is no replacement for programs like FM Radio.

Huh? Show me a screenshot!

That's cool, where can I get it?

From extras-devel or Maemo package interface.

I don't like the icons. Can I change them?

Friendly FM loads its icons from

Code:
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps (ffm_inc.png ffm_dec.png)
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/40x40/apps (ffm_on.png ffm_off.png)
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps (ffm_bt_on.png ffm_bt.png ffm_tm_on.png ffm_tm.png)
Transmitter and bluetooth icon were taken from Faenza icon theme.

What about support for FM Boost?

I am not using FM Boost myself but instead use a patched version of fmtxd which can be found here. This patched version allows a wider range of frequencies and automatically boosts the power to 120.

I will anyway see if I can integrate FM Boost into FFM.

You suck!

Yeah, I know.
is it possible for you to integrate the fm car kit in the app. when the fm is on fm car kit should be on and vice versa.

Originally Posted by johnny_knoe View Post
Maybe via an options menu accessible when in desktop editing mode (FM RDS Notify also does it that way for its options). There you can store 2 frequencies. In the widget simply add a circle next to the on/off button with number 1 or 2 inside. So you have four fields in the lower row:
Or how about a single button along the bluetooth switch that does all the work? Pressing it would switch/activate while holding it down saves the station to current preset. This way we could avoid edit mode.

Basically, the button will show either Pre. 1 or Pre. 2 and the station below it. If the current station is different than the current preset then pressing the button will activate the preset. If the current station is the same as the current preset, then pressing the button will switch to the alternative preset and you would have to press it again to activate that preset as it is now different than the current station.
Name:  friendlyfm_screenshot.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  24.6 KB
To save a station as a preset you would switch to the desired preset, manually change to desired station, then simply hold down the preset button until the station is set.

I'm just wondering if this is possible to do. Then again, the talent here has surprised me before.

Ahh shizz... I guess I DON'T know how to use the pic uploader. If it's too unclear, let me know how to upload the whole file so I can show the pic properly.

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Guitaroach View Post
Ahh shizz... I guess I DON'T know how to use the pic uploader. If it's too unclear, let me know how to upload the whole file so I can show the pic properly.
just upload them to www.imageshack.us and link them here

Tharr we goooo!

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by johnny_knoe View Post
So you have four fields in the lower row:

Looking at your and Guitaroachs suggestion it seems that 2 presets are enough for most people? Can we agree on this?

Then I would take Guitaroachs idea and will see what I can come up with. But please be patient, my time is rare.

Last edited by percy; 2011-03-04 at 09:02.

The Following User Says Thank You to percy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 189 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
This won't work. Remember that I am using the graphics from the media player widget and that there are only 3 fields provided.
Suggestion: i like the idea to have some FM presets, also the widget is ment to be for use with FM-transmitter, so let the bluetooth function/button out and replace this with a preset button..
For bluetooth we already have bluezwitch...

I like the design of the mediaplayer, keep up the good work!

Tags
friendly fm