Hi,
I've been a member for a while but haven't posted yet. Everyone seems to have had whatever issues I've run into and had good advice. A belated Thanks for all the help by proxy.

Here's my problem. I was lured into trying this Android in three steps thing: http://www.breakitdownblog.com/insta...he-nokia-n810/
And now my lovely N810 is bricked. Well, nearly, The lights and screen light up, the Nokia logo comes on, but that's all.

I got the impression that this was an application that would allow you to run Android on the N810. Yeah, yeah, I know, Dumb!
Anyway, any ideas? I'm gonna try to re-flash it tomorrow, but I'm feeling pretty sad, and DUMB!

Well then it isn't bricked if you can still reflash it. I hope you still can.

Don't feel so dumb I used to mess up my dad's windows installation on a daily basis because I found it so un-user friendly as a kid.

Just looked at the tutorial. Where you using Diablo or just plain old OS2008 w/o the upgrade? You are pretty much right its like an application. You install the .deb and the you execute the installer program it put on your tablet. I'm hoping this isn't an error related to Diablo or the ITOS because someone else probably made this mistake then.

Last edited by scumgrief; 2008-07-07 at 16:26. Reason: introduced more ideas

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by PaulRay View Post
And now my lovely N810 is bricked. Well, nearly, The lights and screen light up, the Nokia logo comes on, but that's all.
If the lights turn on, then it's not bricked.

I'm gonna call this one a kernel issue, but reflashing it should solve your troubles.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I'm saying kernel issue too, I didn't build that kernel from chinook sources so if you use a diablo kernel on chinook, who knows...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
As long as you can reflash, all is well. Is there a saying, “sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you”? If there isn't, there should be.

Wow! Thanks to all of you! Such fast answers.
I'll look into your solutions tomorrow when I'm not so tired.
Again, thanks everyone!