Posts: 451 | Thanked: 424 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ England
OT:

Who is providing you with the data only plan?
I'm looking for one and that sounds like a good deal.

Make sure you have all program catalogs added and install app locker and lock the phone icon and then change the sms service number and you can still keep everything else

Originally Posted by geekygenes View Post
Make sure you have all program catalogs added and install app locker and lock the phone icon and then change the sms service number and you can still keep everything else
If you lock the phone application you can't place Skype and SIP calls remember!

Originally Posted by jd4200 View Post
Who is providing you with the data only plan?
I'm looking for one and that sounds like a good deal.
3, it's a deal they had for existing mobile customers back in Christmas 2008 and they haven't changed the price since even though my contract is over. The current deal on their web site is £7.87.

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
mv /usr/lib/csd/plugins/libcsd-call.so /usr/lib/csd/plugins/libcsd-call.so_disabled
might be worth a try/j
Yeah I discovered this just after I started the thread (as well as libcsd-sms.so), it breaks SMS and Cellular calling whilst leaving Internet connectivity working. Don't suppose there is any way to remove the "New SMS" button on the "Conversations" program and also remove the "Cellular" drop down on the "Phone" program (or at least change the default option when you launch the program).

Last edited by Lantizia; 2011-01-09 at 00:57.

i've installed cell-modem-ui ... through app manager and also apt-get but after 10 times installing and uninstalling, i never get the "tablet mode" button to show up when i press my power button. my other widgets are there