Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ

Now continually getting the problem of the BH 905 crashing and it a real pain.
Practically every phone call requires a reset and sometimes they crash mid call and I'm left wondering what has happened and if the call is now going through the handset...
I'm getting very proficient at resetting the headphones via the three button method but even then there is occasionally issue in re-pairing as the bluetooth icon shows a connection but there is no headset icon.
I must manually go into the bluetooth device manager and editing the pairing to tell it to reconnect.
Not good considering Nokia states that these are 'compatible' devices

Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
Originally Posted by arabin1033 View Post
I have the same problem. using bh-905 with htc g1
That suggests it is a compatibility problem between Bluez (linux bluetooth stack) and the headphones.. So, if a bluetooth device can crash the headphones, the headphones need the bug fix MORE than the dodgy source (in this case N900 / Android)

Has anyone ever updated the firmware on a Nokia headset/headphone?

Fixing the N900 doesn't solve the problem since other devices may still cause the headphones to crash.. I hate buggy peripherals, especially when they are top of the range ones..

terrible!

- Unfortunately, having spent more than 2 hours arguing with Nokia support and pointing out that The BH-905 IS a recommended accessory for the N900, they have confirmed that it is not being recommended anymore - despite it still being on the website! As most of the problems lie with the N900 and they will not be concentrating on that area of the phone until April or May 2010, anyone should look to return it for a refund!

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
hmm, thats strange.. is there a bug filed for this? im also having my new bh 905 stop working after calls etc... I hav to hard reset them a few times every day.

Just had this occur with a VOIP call. Apparently the headset locked up shortly into the call, I tried switching to the handset but the audio stack was AWOL and I got nothing so I hung up. After that I went to start up some tunes again and the headset was still locked up so the music came out the N900 speakers. I didn't recall the reset shortcut so I put my headset on the charger for a while thinking it might have been a battery issue as I've been using it off and on for 3-4 days since I first got them and fully charged them up. Charging didn't fix the issue, but finding the shortcut here and resetting fixed the issue, and I haven't run into it again yet, but I have not been using the device as a phone yet, simply an NIT/VoIP device.

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austria
I am using the Nokia BH-905 with a Nokia E63 symbian S90 3ed phone, and it works without problems. Music plays, phone rings, I take the call, talk, finish the call, music continues to play. So it must be a problem with the N900.
I was hesitating a lot between the N900 / E63, and sometimes I wonder, what features I am missing, but reading all the bugs with the N900, in the end I am happy, that my phone just works.

is this still a problem? I'm considering getting a bh-905...but this problem seems way too annoying

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by mtran66 View Post
is this still a problem? I'm considering getting a bh-905...but this problem seems way too annoying
Yup mine crashes from time to time. Dunno if its the headset or the N900 which is faulty.

It happens every 4-5 call atleast

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 303 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
There is (or at least soon will be) a potential alternative:

http://europe.nokia.com/find-product...eadset-bh-905i

Nokia BH-905i ... now with less "suck"

My 905s never crashed with my other Symbian headsets, but the crashing with the N900 is truely truely irritating.. Especially if whilst you're wrestling with the headphones trying to get them to reset, the N900 decides it'll resume playback through its own speakers.. grrr

Maybe these updated headphones will have a better bluetooth firmware

The Following User Says Thank You to cpitchford For This Useful Post: