As he is a shapeshifter as well...

Sylar from Heroes:

You can use it(free icon)

Or R2D2:

Or a device:
Attached Images

Last edited by rolan900d; 2010-02-23 at 23:59.

Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
These are the Qt libs, but are also optified.

You've a previous version of Qt 4.6 that has a bug, you can wait for PR1.2 or update the lib via terminal, in order to fix that. (remember SW in extras-devel can be unstable and buggy)

As root: apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-gui
Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with installing certain applications, with conflicts. I tried to install bootscreen, but it wouldn't install because of the conflicts. So I read this post, and as root installed (apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-gui) and now I can't update when I check for updates, it seems to get stuck, and it won't let me install any packages. How can I completely remove all libqt4-maemo5 packages, (if that's the right term.) I'm a Ubuntu user, and have used terminal before, but I'm no expert. Please help me fix my n900!

Is there any way to install maemo 5 fresh, like when I bought the device, maybe that's the best move?

Cheers. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. It's doing my head in!

Gray

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by graemebothwell View Post
Hi Guys,

I'm having problems with installing certain applications, with conflicts. I tried to install bootscreen, but it wouldn't install because of the conflicts. So I read this post, and as root installed (apt-get install libqt4-maemo5-gui) and now I can't update when I check for updates, it seems to get stuck, and it won't let me install any packages. How can I completely remove all libqt4-maemo5 packages, (if that's the right term.) I'm a Ubuntu user, and have used terminal before, but I'm no expert. Please help me fix my n900!

Is there any way to install maemo 5 fresh, like when I bought the device, maybe that's the best move?

Cheers. I appreciate any help anyone can give me. It's doing my head in!

Gray
Remove Qt 4.6 package: apt-get remove libqt4-maemo5-*
AFAIK the only way to do a factory reset is flashing the device and the eMMC[1]

[1] - http://wiki.maemo.org/Flashing

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
bootscreen 0.1 is available in Extras-devel.

Features:

Multiples videos on boot;
Random video on boot;

Don't expect fancy graphics . anyone willing to contribute with a app icon please step in.

Didn't had time to look at the control panel applet code, so is a standalone app for now.

Post here any problems/bug/suggestions.

Note: The 'boot player' suffers hiccups with some video encodings and also if you add more than 3 consecutive videos(a bit insane), but these aren't my fault
downloaded the app and not showing on my apps .??

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 472 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Gothenburg, Sweden
Originally Posted by danx View Post
downloaded the app and not showing on my apps .??
Its in the Settings

The Following User Says Thank You to claesbas For This Useful Post:
unable to install 'bootscreen' some application packages required for the installation are missing

what do i do?

Originally Posted by sentfromheaven View Post
unable to install 'bootscreen' some application packages required for the installation are missing

what do i do?
You need Qt4.6, you can try to install the package manually or wait for PR1.2, seems that there's a package conflict in your system.

This is pretty cool, I been waiting for this :-)

My Blog

So it's not possible to disable the hands animation through Bootscreen Manager. What if I just delete the file from xterm? Will it cause any problems? Can't stand the hands animation... =)

Originally Posted by Nozu View Post
So it's not possible to disable the hands animation through Bootscreen Manager. What if I just delete the file from xterm? Will it cause any problems? Can't stand the hands animation... =)
Yes, it's possible, just deselect the hands video, but you can't remove it from the system using the BootScreen app.

Tags
boot splash video applet