Notices

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 279 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Prague, Czech Republic
Hi,

I received a few emails about problems with installation of ukeyboard from extras-devel repository during the weekend, so I decided to write this announcement to explain a reasons of it.

As you know, new FW (PR1.2) will have modified virtual (on-screen) keyboard. This modification required update of all layouts provided by ukeyboard. This update of layouts basically means that:
- "space" key was removed from layout
- two more keys were added to layout, "capslock" and "backspace"

These simple changes make new layouts incompatible will old virtual keyboard (it will work but you will not have a "space" key there), so the current version of ukeyboard (>= 2.3) in extras-devel repository is and will be compatible only with SDK/FW 1.2.

If you have older SDK/FW, please use ukeyboard version < 2.3 from extras or extras-testing repository.

I needed to share changes in layouts to let people test modifications in layouts and to be ready for FW PR1.2 release. That's it.

Anyway, if you have SDK PR1.2 and you are using ukeyboard, please try check the new layouts and if you find a problem, send me an email, create bug report,.... Thank you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmoravcik For This Useful Post: