Notices

Posts: 586 | Thanked: 471 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Oh yes, 2-finger gestures are certainly good for one-handed use. Or rather not...
dont be difficult. why others features have to remove? Try UC browser, then you know what i mean . It is really nice!

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
While I'd really enjoy a way to use "inside-swipes" for back/forward like in native apps, I'd feel the efforts to be wasted if it was only for two fingers. I'd never use it (but I only speak for myself Makeclick, I'm not saying everyone should think the same).

Actually, I'd use right to left gesture for "back" more often than I would for recentering my view on a zoomed in webpage. So I guess a not-so-satisfying-idea could be to swap the behaviors, and make back-cancel/forward-confirm the default actions for right to left and left to right inside-swipes, and replace the "back" button currently in the toolbar with a "pan & scan"-type ticker, which one would have to tick to disable default horizontal actions and move inside a zoomed in page.

Not sure it would be a really good option, I'm just throwing an idea to show off how much I would appreciate a proper way of using default Sailfish gestures for back-cancel and forward-confirm actions, consistency with the whole OS and the native apps would be awesome. But the ability to easily move inside a zoomed in page is clearly a very important feature, so I don't know yet what design could be ideal. I admit I have low hopes here, sadly.

[Edit] Hum, perhaps just enable back/forward gestures in the lower part of the screen? Let's say the lower third, including thickness of the toolbar? Perhaps with an almost transparent overlay (showing only when screen is touched) at a later point to make clear where the sensitive area is? That would be ideal to me, and in menus, cancel/confirm could be default for the horizontal gestures anyway.

----

Oh, and by the way, it's kind of related yet unrelated: do you plan on adding swirl move to zoom in/zoom out, like in N900's MicroB? This is probably the gesture I miss the most since I came to Harmattan, though it was a very good improvement gesture-wise. The Jolla is very large, and its plastics very slippery. Using one-handed pinch to zoom with a device like this is like playing that stupid S.M.T.H. (Send Me To Heaven) game in the store. And using the Jolla with two hands is often cumbersome given the OS is mostly designed for easy one-handed actions (of course this doesn't apply when used in landscape mode, but it's not the case 100 % of the time).

Are support of downloads and support of being set as the default browser in Sailfish (by editing the .desktop file, which I did) on the to-do list? A way to select text would be ideal too, can't totally rely on a browser if I can't use it to copy text.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2014-01-21 at 08:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
This is pretty hard because how do you want to differentiate between swiping a zoomed in page from left to right or vice versa and going back or forward.
I think this is also one of the reasons there is a toolbar in the original sailfish browser.
I was thinking that same way as it works now. As in need to press the toolbar-thingy open and the swipes would work only after that. Or the 1/3 screen part which Kabouik suggested, if it's possible to do.

Would be worth testing, in my opinion.

The Following User Says Thank You to phuig For This Useful Post:
Great browser, thanks a lot!

Now, I searched but didn't turn anything up. Does saving images work? Tap-holding just gives a pop up saying CAN'T FIND LINK. Choosing 'open in new tab' searches google for that phrase.

Image saving not implemented currently as there is no download manager or access to the download manager of jolla (that is basically preventing me to integrate that currently. I want it integrated into the system and not to write my own downloadmanager for this)

Donate using Liberapay

The Following User Says Thank You to llelectronics For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by llelectronics View Post
Image saving not implemented currently as there is no download manager or access to the download manager of jolla (that is basically preventing me to integrate that currently. I want it integrated into the system and not to write my own downloadmanager for this)
There is no download manager. The transfer UI is just a D-Bus driven status indicator that displays what your applications sends to it. You still have to take care about downloading yourself.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 301 | Thanked: 531 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ The Netherlands
Thanks for this browser, I use Webcat now for a couple of websites. Especially traffic info by anwb.nl which is not OK in the normal browser. I like the opening on the favourites screen as well.

The logo is fine. Although a grey background may be better, my menu is already taken over by blue coloured icons. The yellow jumps out nicely though.

When I tried to position it on the left hand side of the camera app, it didn't make a nice pair of eyes. So I put it elsewhere.

Webcat just lost all settings after upgrading to 1.0.3.8.

This then should affect other apps aswell.

Donate using Liberapay

Bookmarks gone, glad I only had a handful . Any way to save the bookmarks for example on PC?

Tags
browser, webbrowser