Originally Posted by biatch0 View Post
Here... 3rd world country... nada consumer protection
So, you understand the issues of Jolla delivering to * country and you don't. You do prefer to give them the courier money, but in fact what you would be giving them is the courier money+legal cost of trading in your country (3rd world or not, in fact, 3rd world countries normally make it harder, depends on the country of course)+warranty+other things I'm not aware of. Setting all that up takes time. If you are willing to take the risk, and if Jolla actually launches in China, I'm sure you'll see the phone available in a myriad of online resellers, which offer their own "international warranty" and so on. Some are good, some a are crap. Just read the threads about bying the N9 from the US and such places and you'll see websites and stories.

It isn't as simple as Jolla charging you for the extra money that takes to send the product to your specific country. They have to maintain their T&C's for evreybody or make new ones for each country. This is why I'm saying that dealing with an "international reseller" is probably the safest bet at this point.

That said, and I reiterate: it would be great if Jolla could provide some idea of when they are planning to focus on each country in the world [that showed interest]. I mean, stating at least in which half of a year they'd do it would help people decide what to do (get another phone, take the risk and get a Jolla from elsewhere, wait for the next Jolla, place themselves in a freezer and ask a friend to defrost them when the time comes, etc.).

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
I mean just have an option for crazy people to get it couriered with no warranty (except in supported countries), no guarantee it'll arrive, and no legality in terms of regulatory authorites. Thing is your point is more or less the same as mine, just from a different point of view. The fact that people in * country don't know if/when Jolla will come to their country or if something is even being worked on - which is probably worse than having a straight up "NO WE NO COME".

TLDR: I completely agree with you - especially on the upcoming plans/focus on country X/Y/Z. This is something that could be handled much, much better.

Was this here before?
Jolla Service and Support page launches

http://wpsailors.com/2013/11/24/joll...page-launches/

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
I mean just have an option for crazy people to get it couriered with no warranty (except in supported countries), no guarantee it'll arrive, and no legality in terms of regulatory authorites.
It would have to be a private person, preferably from Finland, to march into a DNA store once they have Jollas on shelf and then have it mailed to you. And of course he would like to have your money in his bank account before this.

Just like many people already suggested.

The Following User Says Thank You to handyAndy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
I have to fly Helsinki between christmas and new year and Where is the best/biggest/most central DNA shop?
List of DNA shops:
http://www.dna.fi/dnakauppa/myyntipi...t/Default.aspx

These DNA shops are at the center of Helsinki but I don't know how large they are. They are all within walking distance from each other (10 minutes).
  • Helsinki, Kaivokatu
  • Helsinki, Kamppi
  • Helsinki, Sanomatalo

Nearest of the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport is this DNA shop: Vantaa, Jumbo. Jumbo is 4th biggest shopping center in Finland but I don't know how big the DNA shop is there. The main road to the airport goes next to Jumbo (3,3 km from the airport).

The Following User Says Thank You to att For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by att View Post
List of DNA shops:
http://www.dna.fi/dnakauppa/myyntipi...t/Default.aspx

These DNA shops are at the center of Helsinki but I don't know how large they are. They are all within walking distance from each other (10 minutes).
  • Helsinki, Kaivokatu
  • Helsinki, Kamppi
  • Helsinki, Sanomatalo

Nearest of the Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport is this DNA shop: Vantaa, Jumbo. Jumbo is 4th biggest shopping center in Finland but I don't know how big the DNA shop is there. The main road to the airport goes next to Jumbo (3,3 km from the airport).
Jumbo's DNA shop is the normal shopping center affair of the all top 3 operators here. So kind of a small corner shop, same goes for Kamppi shopping center DNA shop in the center of Helsinki.

I can't remember ever visiting DNA shop in Sanomatalo, but I would guess that it's their largest. Sanomatalo is Sanoma's HQ, company that used to own part of DNA.

Sanomatalo.

Last edited by tissot; 2013-11-24 at 17:12.

I mean just have an option for crazy people to get it couriered with no warranty (except in supported countries), no guarantee it'll arrive, and no legality in terms of regulatory authorites.
Well, sadly, I wouldn't do that if I were Jolla. There is PR to look after. If you have a good experience with the "go crazy" option, then you'll be extremely happy; but if you have a bad experience, you'll be extremely annoyed. There is no middle point, there is no opportunity for Jolla to support you, help you, make you happy. Hardware fails, software fails. Basically, you'd be able to go public and say "I got a phone from jolla.com and it was crap/excellent". That's too much of a binary outcome if you ask me, and we all know that negative comments make it to the surface more often than positive ones.

If you, on the other hand, buy a phone from internationalreseller.com and if fails or succeeds, your opinion is going to be contained to that reseller, to your area. You won't be able to say that you got it from jolla.com.

It sucks, I know, the world could be a better place, but it isn't.

Mind you, I'm not defending Jolla or anything, just stating my views, which come with a little bit of subjectivity of course.

We are in agreement though, and I'm positive that you'll find the device at a higher risk elsewhere. This has been happening for ages anyway.

As a side note, Jolla is selling in Switzerland - as far as I know, you need to have a warehouse or a distributor to sell there, so either way they have been doing something for a number of countries in terms of distribution already. I believe that this is exactly why they changed CEO the last time. Good news for [hopefully] where most of the demand is!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
This is the week were Jolla must send lot as of mails and I expect the to send it tomorrow.they must give its customers at least a week to pay!

Any word of a party jPhone from release party with access for everyone?

Is it possible to get your jPhone in Jolla reception instead of getting by mail. If I dont have it before Christmas I'm knocking on Jolla's door to shake marcs hand and maybe hand over a beer for job done I will also share my concerns

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-24 at 20:43.

To be clear, I wouldn't yell at the Jolla folks and start karate chopping tables in a rage...
How about throwing chairs?

Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Was this here before?
Jolla Service and Support page launches

http://wpsailors.com/2013/11/24/joll...page-launches/
I remember reading about this site a few days ago in one of the Jolla threads or blogs. But the webshop FAQ seems to be newly added on Nov 22?

Last edited by sony123; 2013-11-25 at 05:02.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red