Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
anyone got Jolla device sell me in London?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
i have lost some of the exitment about jPhone. what to do to get it back...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-23 at 10:25.

Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I honestly doubt that Jolla has any interest in cooperating with government agencies, but on the other side, sending a password by email, which is a service that in 99% of cases runs unencrypted in transit and for many users is delivered to a mailbox that resides on US soil is not too encouraging on the security profile.
A bit off topic and FWIW, mine came secured - most email I receive is secure (NB: port 25 can and cannot be secure). Any version of sendmail in the last few years on any relatively decent OS distribution comes configured to fail if a secured communication cannot be achieved.

If you provide an email address hosted in the US (or anywhere that you don't own for that matter) to Jolla, then it's your responsibility.

It is a shame that organisations more powerful than the individual don't provide with an alternative to webmail (e.g., why can't you have your own domain name and transfer that among ISP's like you do with phone numbers? building email and other services on top of that with current hardware is almost trivial).

Anyway, I digress, I don't think that Jolla is by any means using an unsecure communication policy by sending you a password on an email - banks send you PIN's on normal post, which is as insecure. I'd be happy receiving a password on an email that is transmitted using TLS/SSL, then I'd change the password as soon as I get the email. Eve won't have time to decrypt that message. Considering what that password gives you access to (i.e., buying a phone, not even your credit card details), then one could assume that the secuirty utilised is actually overkill for the potential hacker's gain.

The Following User Says Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You only lost it because you know it's the weekend and that there is absolutely no chance that you'll hear anything from Jolla for the next under-48 hours. Have some rest, go for a run/walk/whatever. Drink some beer (responsibly) and you'll see your excitement back on Monday.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
https://account.jolla.com/oauth/oauth2/clients now has "create application" and "reset" buttons. Don't know if they were there before.

Posts: 645 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Finland
Been there for ages...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ggabriel View Post
You only lost it because you know it's the weekend and that there is absolutely no chance that you'll hear anything from Jolla for the next under-48 hours. Have some rest, go for a run/walk/whatever. Drink some beer (responsibly) and you'll see your excitement back on Monday.
Go for a run - Check!

Originally Posted by handyAndy View Post
I'm not sure, but did I just crack your real identity Dave... or should I say... Ramsey?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvXDk9uR5vg

(Got my email too and the phone is now fully paid , delivery time was said to be 3-4 weeks)
Gordon "Dave999" Ramsey. I'm only watching NFL once a year at super Bowl. And that "beer". It shouldn't be allowed to be called beer. It only happens in America.

Beer - check!

Jolla - it's only weird if it doesn't work

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-11-23 at 14:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
You'll get your jPhone soon, right?
That alone is something to be excited about. Some of the pre-oroderers like me outside EU have to keep on waiting. I have never been feeling so tired of "Stay tuned!"

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Malaysia
You could always just order it and have it delivered to a friend/family in the EU and then have them courier it to you. That's what I'm doing. Sure, it'll cost a bit more... but you'll not have to worry so much about "staying tuned".

Just to be clear, I'd much rather they (Jolla) just charged me an extra EURxxx to deliver internationally instead of having me jump through hoops.

Originally Posted by sony123 View Post
You'll get your jPhone soon, right?
That alone is something to be excited about. Some of the pre-oroderers like me outside EU have to keep on waiting. I have never been feeling so tired of "Stay tuned!"
No. we dont have IT any time soon.

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red