I posted this a couple weeks ago but w/ no responses. . . . Perhaps this N900-specific forum is the better place, so I'll re-post:

Hi all, does anyone know if there's a better script blocker avail. for the n900 built-in browser?

(There are already some kind of javascript blocking/pausing settings in the browser options, but it's nowhere near as good as, say, the NoScript addon for firefox). I'd really prefer something like this--if an option--as opposed to installing and using a whole other browser just for the sake of better scriptblocking, which I don't really want to do.

Thanks for any help!

Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
There's flashblock which works good. I can't remember where I downloaded my version from but here's their old old website.

how about...noscript.

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
sadly, so far no good:

-in the built-in browser's addons settings it says flashblock "not compatible with microB 3.5"--and it's clearly not working on my n900
-not only that, but after I fully uninstalled it I'm now having some problems: what few other addons I have in the built-in browser now show "error trying to update" when I try to update. . . . so that sucks.

-I thought Noscript was only for firefox--or at least certainly not for the N900 built-in browser (which is why I posted this thread) . . . . but I tried it anyway out of curiosity. And, nope, it does not work.

Originally Posted by moscatomg1 View Post
sadly, so far no good:

-in the built-in browser's addons settings it says flashblock "not compatible with microB 3.5"--and it's clearly not working on my n900
-not only that, but after I fully uninstalled it I'm now having some problems: what few other addons I have in the built-in browser now show "error trying to update" when I try to update. . . . so that sucks.

-I thought Noscript was only for firefox--or at least certainly not for the N900 built-in browser (which is why I posted this thread) . . . . but I tried it anyway out of curiosity. And, nope, it does not work.
ok.

1. search for 'block' in application manager, you should find adblock and flashblock n900 versions.

2. I assure you noscript does work on the n900, I have it running right now.

Go to the page I linked to, click download/install whatever. To whitelist sites you have to go to microB>options>add-ons>noscript. it is a bit clumsy but it does work.

thanks, vi_. In that case I'm going to try it again. But it most certainly won't work until I fix whatever new problem I now have w/ *all* add-ons in the built-in browser (maybe due to something w/ that recent attempt at installing flashblock, b/c the problem only started after I did that). None of the add-ons are working correctly now. And I get an error for all add-ons when I update: "an error occurred while trying to find updates for. . . ." And I've rebooted, uninstalled, re-installed, etc. And the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on this problem? Otherwise I'll need to start a new thread.
Thank you.