Originally Posted by Jelly-0 View Post
Frankman- Do you use Windows; If so go to Nokia's 770 webpage and download the "Internet Tablet Update Wizard" & Install; Google the "IT2007HE" OS find it and download it (OK you must enter some info about 770 first); Run the software from Nokia; Turn off your 770,plug in the USB, then hold the home key on the 770 down, your then see a USB thingy in the top of your screen the Wizard will pick up a 770; NEXT; Changed the update file with the downloaded 2007HE file and then update-
Ah a 770 running IT2007HE.

*sigh*
Great instructions, just what I needed. Did a google search for it2007he and did not find a direct download for the 2007HE. Can someone direct me to the link where I can find it? Very much appreciated, thanks.

Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Great instructions, just what I needed. Did a google search for it2007he and did not find a direct download for the 2007HE. Can someone direct me to the link where I can find it? Very much appreciated, thanks.

Look at page 1 of this thread.

Wow, that was quick thanks. I guess the he means hacker edition. Slowly learning. Appreciated!
One last question, following the instructions The new OS will replace the old one. 2006 will be deleted? I do not need it. Thxs again.

Originally Posted by popeye View Post
Wow, that was quick thanks. I guess the he means hacker edition. Slowly learning. Appreciated!
No problem. Happy to help.

I really liked 2007HE on my N770, but eventually returned to 2006. I like the 'disconnect on cover' feature of 2006, which doesn't exist in 2007HE. But the biggest problem for me was that I just couldn't figure out how to convert videos so that the audio and video stayed in sync, and thus the video player became useless to me on 2007HE. Tried every combination of output types in Media Converter too, with no success.

Originally Posted by Delta5 View Post
No problem. Happy to help.

I really liked 2007HE on my N770, but eventually returned to 2006. I like the 'disconnect on cover' feature of 2006, which doesn't exist in 2007HE. But the biggest problem for me was that I just couldn't figure out how to convert videos so that the audio and video stayed in sync, and thus the video player became useless to me on 2007HE. Tried every combination of output types in Media Converter too, with no success.
So what DID you like that isn't available in 2006? ()

Originally Posted by inventeur View Post
So what DID you like that isn't available in 2006? ()
From memory....

Pros:
  • The web browser was just a hair faster. It seemed to render things just a bit more quickly than 2006. Not drastic, but better.
  • The web browser was more stable. I'd say about one out of every 40 links that I click will cause the web browser to crash in 2006, seemingly for no reason as I can reopen the browser and head back to where I was with no problem. Also, occasionally and randomly links will just stop working in 2006, and I have to refresh the page. Didn't experience any of that with 2007HE.
  • Email was definitely faster. Individual emails would open more quickly. Still no IMAP folders, which I thought *was* a feature of the new email app. NBD.
  • I liked the bluetooth status indicator.
  • I definitely liked the integration of the Audio and Video players into just the 'Media Player'. Made more sense to me. The Media Player itelf had a better interface.
  • The layout of the control panel was cleaner and organized more effectively.
  • I liked the overall color scheme better, especially the black keyboard.
  • Ability to resize the widgets on the home screen with 2007HE.

Cons:
  • Audio/Video sync. The showstopper for me. Watching videos is one of the core things that I like to do with my N770. Neither the built in player nor MPlayer seemed to be able to keep the audio and video in sync. A big bummer, because I'd happily return to 2007HE if there was a fix for this...
  • Application compatibility. I'm a total linux noob, but I had a few problems with repositories not working correctly or at all with 2007HE. Lots of missing file problems. Usually 10-15 minutes of hunting here or on the Maemo boards would yield a solution, but it was a bit of a hassle each time. The 'no streaming audio' is a prime example. It was an easy hack once I found the right syntax, and downloaded xterm and becomeroot. But the point was that you've got to invest the time and energy to learn how to solve these little problems.
  • Sound. Several games' sound wouldn't work on 2007HE. Not a big deal, but it was a dissapointment.
  • No support for the cover. I like the fact that the N770 'hibernates' when the cover is on. No such support with 2007HE, as I'd have to manually disconnect.

Last edited by Delta5; 2007-08-14 at 20:36.

One last question- went to site and downloaded software updater. Looks like it will install 2006 OS. It doesn't lok like the Internet Tablet Update Wizard that was mentioned in the instructions. Is this the link?
http://www.nokiausa.com/A4410232

Yes______________

I tried os2007,it looks so wonderful especially the fast running,and opera never abnormal quit,but I can't copy/move/delete the file in mmc,anyone in the same trouble?Anyone solve this?Is it general bug?I can't find it by google

One more question,it seemed that some patch for os2007 HE,how to use them?