I was wondering and i know other threads have discussed this in the video recording but how about in qik they had it as a option in the n97 and n95 why can't we record video with the light torch on is there way to do this? i tried with the torch light but it seems it can't be enabled if the camera is being used on another application such as qik.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
I'd assume you would have to message the authors of the software
would be useful though
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

I'm one of Qik's developers. Thank you for idea, jayjayn. I'll add this task in our TODO list.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sveolon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 305 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ 'Nam
Originally Posted by sveolon View Post
I'm one of Qik's developers. Thank you for idea, jayjayn. I'll add this task in our TODO list.
When will the new qik app the paid version hit the ovi store for the n900

I don't know anything about Qik, but perhaps you could just turn on the Flashlight applet while Qik is running?

Originally Posted by Hotshot View Post
When will the new qik app the paid version hit the ovi store for the n900
AFAIK Ovi store doesn't support paid applications yet, only paid content. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I don't know anything about Qik, but perhaps you could just turn on the Flashlight applet while Qik is running?
You can't turn on the Flashlight applet and use Qik in same time because both applications need monopoly access to camera device (yes, flashlight is one of camera functions)

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Ive been using Qik a lot recently to communicate with friends via the video and audio function but there is no way for me to see their reactions. I know thats what video chat is and Qik isnt a video chat software - but is there anyway to allow the integrated IM service to work side by side with Qik?
If i switch to IM - the camera goes on standby and the live stream ends.

Thanks

If your friends see your live video on our site, they can send you message using chat. You can answer using your voice.

But, because Maemo have bug in implementation of video overlays, incoming chats available only in window mode. Tap viewfinder to switch window mode to see incoming chats as hildon banners.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Originally Posted by sveolon View Post
If your friends see your live video on our site, they can send you message using chat. You can answer using your voice.

But, because Maemo have bug in implementation of video overlays, incoming chats available only in window mode. Tap viewfinder to switch window mode to see incoming chats as hildon banners.
Will Maemo ever get Qik Video Chat like other phones are getting? I would like to use Qik to Video chat with Sprint and Tmobile users. It shouldn't be that hard to do, especially considering how GTalk and Skype video chat are built into Maemo. I would pay for it.

Thank you.